Need Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need Cooler

Go find tests when you don't know which product is better. How do you think we know when something is better than something else?

In this case, the third one should be better than the others.

Comment

ARCTIC COOLING FREEZER 4.

Hands down the best I've used. My 2.8E idles at 30C and maxes at 55C overclocked. Only down side is the size, but if you have the room, best bang for the buck as far as I'm concerned.

The best part is it's cheap too! I paid $40 Canadian for mine, so you should find one around that price too. I got it from ADPmods in Canada.
      Last edited by casecutter; 04-17-2005, 12:53 PM.
      GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
      AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
      Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
      Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
      Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
      PC P&C 500W PSU
      2TB Seagate
      Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

are you sure you set up the case/cpu fans correctly? i had some serious heat problems (it would stop anything running because the temps got so high) until i realized that the case fan above the cpu was pointed the wrong way :) if it's a reasonable cooler, double check your work and try an open case test without any case fans. if that's not right try re-attaching the heatsink and evenly spread a thin layer of thermal paste over the heat spreader on the cpu. if that fails too, then spend the $80.

Comment

Nice find on the 7 year old thread Kermo

It was funny however.

I wonder has Samurdha read any good books lately like "How to make friends and influence people"
          Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
          Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
          Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
          8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
          60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
          GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
          Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
          http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

Noctua NH-d14, you'll have to chech it fits your socket tho. It's a mean cooler!
            Processor - Ivy Bridge i7 3770K OC @ 4.7GHz
            MOBO - Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
            BIOS - F7
            Heatsink - Noctia NH-D14
            HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500Gb
            SSD - Crucial M4 128Gb (Boot Drive)
            GPU - 2 x Sapphire Radion HD 6950 in Crossfirex config
            RAM - Kingston HyperX 2x4Gb @ 1866MHz
            PSU - XFX 850w core bronze cert
            Case - Bitfenix Raider
            Mouse - Logitech G9x

Comment