What temp [merged threads]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What temp [merged threads]

About what temp should I have the alarm set to? There don't seem to be any guidelines for this. I have it set to 56C and it goes off when running benchmarks. Is it OK to have it set to 60C?

Anything over 50C is getting hot

Comment

After getting the OC dialed in as best I could I ran Prime95. After a llittle more tweaking to get rid if errors I let it run for a while and the temperatures started rising above 56C. I pulled it out from under the desk and took the side cover off and temps dropped 10C. I think I need a case fan...:wow:

The case I have is a cheapy "mom 'n pop chinese computer store" type, but it does have grills in the front and back and where an intake and exhaust fan can be added. Is this a standard size that many generic cases have, and if so what size fan would fit in there? The round grill area is about 80mm across with 4 holes for screws..:shrug:

Would this be for an 80mm fan? It's about the same size as the one in my Arrow 500W PSU.

Comment

Firstly full hardware details would help and secondly a pic of the case would help even more plus thirdly a room temp durin' these full load temps would help even more than that but if the CPU temp drops that much with the side off then ya do have a case airflow prob though us knownin' exactly what the case is (refer back to 2nd part). A front intake fan would help a lot (remember that the PSU already exhausts hot air) but if ya add an exhaust fan to the back then ya likely goin' to have to add a side AGP/PCI intake fan to keep the airflow balanced.

Comment

this is the info i receive from asusprobe

CPU=34C=full load
          MB=25C=full load
          cpu fan peaks 6490rpm
          powerfan dual enermax 465watt peaks at 2311rpm
          chasis fan peaks 1906rpm
          + 12V =12.608
          + 5V = peak 4.972
          + 3.3V =3.376
          Vcore =1.808
          i think i will reformat HDD see if corrects the mem wiggo.
          i took out the 400ddr and put the more realistic 2700 infineon in. single channel. my post with the bios settings are in the overclock index. if you could take a look i would appreciate it. to try an help me sus a stable 133bus first. i tried looking into this mem.
          I know that it is unbuffered 512ddr, however all the settings are indexed into an annoying PDF file. the settings don't look clear.
          Infineon Technologies
          Thanks folks!!:)

Comment

Working...
          X