Cpu Temp 69 C!!!!bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cpu Temp 69 C!!!!bad

umm ok, well this is really bugging me, i was watching my temps in my cmos and it went back and forth to 67 to 69 degress C. well those are way to high....i downloaded that motherboard moniter and i think i installed it wrong cause it keeps saying that my temps are reaching 110 C and that cant be and it wont shut the hell up from beeping..so i have 1 intake fan upfront, and side and 2 exhaust at back..i have another 2 fans on the way with a bigger better powersupply..im planning on modding the top of my case with 2 fans up there or should it be one, and im gonna get a better heat sink too..i got a crap one from bestbuy :steam: so yeah im really pissed off about my temps though and i dont know what else todo other than buy new fans and heatsinks...and im not sure if water cooling is really worth it..i want to over clock but my kt400 wont alow much i gues...

I'm pretty sure I should merge this with another thread, but I'm too tired to go look it up...

anyway, MBM could easily be right since the temp you are seeing in the BIOS is very likely not your MAX temp. However, you should double check to make sure you have MBM configured properly.

as for the temps, you seem to be on the right track... proper case air flow and a decent HSF with correctly applied TIM should get your temps down to where they should be. Although telling us what your room temps are would help.

You could also pop off the side pannel and point a desk/box fan right into your case to get your temps down (and to see how bad your case air flow is)

Comment

my room temp is 67..dont have a fan at the moment..in back garage...

Comment

try dusting out your current hsf?

Comment

ok, i reinstalled it and got it going good, these are the temps for my case with the fans: case temp:66C, CPU diode Temp:67-69C,CPU Socket temp:45-46C..now with the window off and the giant fan:case:63 ,CPU diode:65C , CPT Socket:39C...ohh and whats a diode and i know the socket is..as soon as i put that window back on that damn socket tem would go straight up....

Comment

what the hell is the CPU diode???

Comment

Dude, sounds like your probes are messed. THere's no way that your case temp can be 66C, that's over 150F. Even if your room was 100F your comp would have to be seriously screwed up to put out that much heat. Check and make sure you're reading C and not F. : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

no dude, it says C and i know thats not right, cause it just sits there and doesnt goo up or down...and could you answer my question by any chance? thanks man

Comment

Diode is built into the CPU to tell the temps. You should buy a front temp LCD readout or something with a diode or two so you can get proper temps man

Comment

odd, if your case temp IS 65C, then it could very much be what is causing your CPU to overheat. The HSF is taking in the hot air produced by your computer and is using it to "cool" off your cpu, whch over couse is making it worse.

My advice would be to check if the temps are correct, by opening the case and blowing a fan in, and chek the temps.

Im pretty sure your case temp should be much lower then your CPU temperature. Because my case temp is 35C and my CPU is around 45-50C

Comment

Cpt.Crappy, have ya checked MBM's motherboard support page for what sensors to use on your's? :?:

Comment

Working...
                      X