No announcement yet.

water system i want to get... (merged threads)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water system i want to get... (merged threads)

ok, i sorta know what a reservoir is but do you need one in every cooling system??? and exactly what is a reservoir?? thanks:mad:

No ya don't need a reservoir but they do come in handy on a topline job.

Comment

so do you suggest i get one? or not...its not that expensive so i guess i could throw one in...:cheers:

Comment

ok, im willing to spend some money so heres a list:

pump: hydor L30
        radiator: HWLabs Black Ice
        Block: Swiftech MCW5002
        reservoir: Typhoon-Quad Reservoir
        fan: some 120 mm (stilll undecided)
        tubbing and such: still looking

is there anything missing or do you suggest other stuff....or better stuff for the same price.....:bounce: :bounce2: :bounce: :bounce2:

Comment

Reservoirs really only help in:
          1. filling
          2. bleeding

If you want slightly easer filling and bleeding, they you can get one, but i would go no reservoir, why spend extra money when you can just fill and bleed it manually?
          TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Resorvior is also good so you can dump some ice in it.....but make sure you're insulated for condensation.

Comment

oooooh k then..im looking for some help here and im not getting any feedback :mad: :grr: :bounce:

Comment

I recommend 1/2 inch tubing, other than that all looks good

Comment

have a look at what i've said here:
                  http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...threadid=14533
                  TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

i would also get a GPU block, something liekk the maze3 gpu block. clearflex 1/2 tubing will be good. u can make ur own resiervior or skip it if u want. as andy's watercooling post said, u dont need a reservior, it just helps to bleed the system better.

for the fan, i would get the vantec stealth case fan. is around 20 buz canadian .

Comment

skip the res

and if ya got $$$ to spend ;):

d-tek white water or tc4 rev2 waterblock ( if ya got a little more money and time, get a cascade wb )

get a heatcore, chevette or d-tek pro core with 2 / 120mm fans ( push - pull )

tygon r-3603 1/2" id(inside diameter) tubing... its a little more $$$, but its way flexible and strong as h3ll.

and dont forget the hose clamps - metal wormdrive are the best

gl :wave:

**edit: took out pump recommendation**

Comment

right on..thanks for all the help :bounce:

Comment

wow, i was just checking up on dangerden and i saw this water block...ahh i must have:drool: :drool:
                          i have read that it is a pretty damn good block, but still look at it
                          :drool:

Comment

i was drinking a Bawls the other day and i sat there and looked at it and some how cooling came into mind..do you think it is possible to make resevoir out of a bawls bottle..im thinkin it is..but i dont know, that would look pretty cool....thoughts or comments?

Comment

put to tubes in there 1 intake 1 tat gives water to the pump. the tube should be sealed very tight.

but the wouldbe a bad ideea, go with plastic instead

Comment

Working...
                              X