The truth about thermal pastes, what is the BEST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The truth about thermal pastes, what is the BEST

Here is a review I saw and thought would be helpful for those out there wondering what is the best thermal paste. I always hear AS3. Well I have touted Cooler Master by Shin Etsu since I have used it. Now here is some info to back that suggestion.

Here is the link to the review

http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=get...244&articID=77

And a pic of the results.
    I personally get a lower result with Cooler Master premium by shin etsu, than the difference they show with AS3 and it.
    The difference I get is about 4c, and is the same as I have seen on other reviews.
    So the word is out there, AS3 isn't the best. Atlhough the temp. difference is neglidgeable, it is there.
    I know myself, as well as other are always looking for ways to get the best cooling solutions, and here is another way to get a few degrees.

Chez:cheers:

The thing is that not every country get the same availability of all those products but Arctic Silver seems to have the best availability overall and it sure beats those stuck on TIMs and white generic pastes and until my stock of it runs out I'll settle with it till then. ;)

Comment

Nanotherm PCM+ Thermal Paste???:hammer:

Comment

I'd wait a bit on that if I were you. There has been some talk about possible defacing of copper heatsinks when using this compound for more than a week or so.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

I have the shin etsu G751 and it's by far the best TIM I've ever used. It's a pain to spread but there's definitely a performance difference between that and AS3, Alumina, Ceramique, OCZ, Nanotherm etc. I've used em all.

I found that the G751 is a lot easier to spread if you put it on the heatsink itself instead of the CPU/GPU core. Once you do it a dozen times it's just as easy as spreading AS3.

Comment

where can you order the Shin Etsu G751?

Comment

Is it also known as COOLER MASTER Gold Premium Paste (by SHIN ETSU)??? If so http://www.au.store.yahoo.com/davida...lmaspremp.html
              David and Karma's PC Cooling Gear have it. An Australian store.

Comment

I forgot the name of the store where I get mine. As I only use that store for the purpose of buying only the Cooler Master premium by Shin Etsu.

I think NewEgg.com actually has it now, and its CHEAP compared to what I was paying before. I will post a link to the Newegg.com site location once I get it. I am completely out, and have a few heatsinks that I have to relap. I relap all my heatsinks after 3 months. Time enough for the copper to warp and settle in. They do warp, and you do need to lap them twice to get the best contact believe it or not.

Chez:cheers:

Comment

what do you use to spred the TIM on the CPU?

Comment

ok all this stuff about TIM is fairly depressing when you look at this :OVERCLOCKERS REVIEW

just informing. its a good read, and shows how much AS makes out of a tiny margin.........: peace2:

Comment

Working...
                    X