Antec SX1040B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antec SX1040B

Hello All. Can someone tell me what "Card Guide" in this case is used for? In the mechanical drawing is #20.

Thank You.

I use it to route the wiring through.

Comment

hmm, thats what i use it for too, and its very convenient. But that leads to my question: Why the hell is it called a "card guide"? :confused: :?:

Comment

Yes I'd like to know that as well because the longest card that I've seen/have still falls 3"- 4" short of makin' contact with the thing. :?:

Comment

Thanks Guys:thumb: :thumb:

Comment

I believe they are used for long PCI cards, cad video cards run long, part is a little out dated but an old V5 5500 would reach it though.

Comment

Even a V5 5500 will fall well short of the distance required to be spanned.

Comment

The Wildcat 6110's need to use it.

Comment

Yes that one seems to fit the bill but ya'd have to loose the lower drive cage. :wow:

Comment

The Card Guide system was used in many older systems to help support the larger ISA cards that were out. Ever see an old Creative Sound Card/Modem combo, wow. Today's machines do not require that however it does make a nice wire organizational tool. hehe.

Comment

I have a few of those real old Creative combo's and they'd never stretch that distance, it would have to be an industrial card like the Wildcat to do so.

Comment

The Largest card I have ever personally seen would be an 8 port serial board. It was used in a dumb terminal system. The card was every bit of 15". Who knows, maybe Antec has another use for it ;) Wire management.

Comment

Yep 15" would be about what ya need to span that distance but it is very handy to route wiring thru.

Comment

Hehe, yeah, I love wire management, speaking of I should start on mine ;).

Specs:

Athlon XP 2000+ (Burn in, haven't o/ced yet.)
                            Epox 8rda+
                            (2) 512MB PC2700 Crucial Memory chips in Dual channel mode
                            nVidia GeForce 3 Ti 200 (The right price, upgrade later)
                            100GB Western Digital Hard Drive
                            48x16x48 Digital Research CDRW ($20.00 A/R - Best Buy)
                            52x Lite-on Cdrom
                            Galaxy Aluminum Med. Tower

Comment

Working...
                            X