Build Log: CaseLabs Magnum M8.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Build Log: CaseLabs Magnum M8.....

Just one pic for now will have a bunch of updates later in the day. This is just my latest box of purchases from Kool Room

Been flat out trying to get my next project off the ground, banging on any door looking for help I don't want to say much yet but I will say it's going to be awesome good fun. It will be a lot cheaper than this current build but will be a nice distraction from Thunderhorse which I will be taking a break from after it's running next week. Running but not finished may I add :)
    AMD, Intel, ATI, Nvidia...I don't care as long as it can be overclocked .
    OCD Torture Rack: DD Torture Rack/Asus P5QC (775)/DFI NF4 Ultra D (939)/Asus P4P800 Deluxe (478)/Corsair DDR400 Pro 1gb/G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 4gb/Kingpin F1 Dark Dragon Pot/Tek-9 FAT 6.0 GPU Pot/Kingpin Mem Pot/Custom "Quick WB swap" watercooling.

Comment

Welcome to fingerprint central! Everything is starting to look pretty average got some major grease prints happening :) Is ok will polish it all up once config is sorted.

Got to unwrap some cool stuff this morning.

Bitspower flow Meter (This is just for looks + My wife is Dutch so she likes Windmills and waterwheels)

AquaComputer High Flow USB Flow Sensor

PowerAdjust II . Thought this would be bigger dunno why, next to lighter for size reference.

PowerAdjust II, with AquaComputers Black Front Bezel.

Also got started on some Cable Management. Just messing round with it, The Red Clamps are ModSmart Cable Bundler's. They are made for the ModSmart Kobra Cables which must be a bit fatter than my sleeved cables so I can cram 8 cables into a clamp made for 4. Win. As I said just playing with this for now cause I still have a billion fan wires, Temp probes to fit in aswell.

Bit more installed on the main side, Unfortunetly my measurements where way out on this one. The Aquacomputer flow sensor I had orginally planned to have connected to the "Out" port of the Aquaero V Waterblock. No way it was fitting there with the overcrowding so have placed it mid loop for now. It will be repositioned once I split the loop.

OCD Torture Rack: DD Torture Rack/Asus P5QC (775)/DFI NF4 Ultra D (939)/Asus P4P800 Deluxe (478)/Corsair DDR400 Pro 1gb/G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 4gb/Kingpin F1 Dark Dragon Pot/Tek-9 FAT 6.0 GPU Pot/Kingpin Mem Pot/Custom "Quick WB swap" watercooling.

Comment

Not much to report on still waiting on Mr postman.

I was complaining elsewhere earlier this week about paint chipping due to painting in the cold. I wound the Aquaero faceplate down and got an insta-peel.

Luckily I had a back-up plan for once just in case of this situation. Ye olde Di-Noc Vinyl film.

So time to give the AquaComputer Bezels a wrap.

I really wanted to cover these as one piece and did a pretty good job but once remounted discovered the bottom bezel was a slight bit thinner so had to cut the pieces.

Eventually I would like to make a single custom faceplate for this out of steel or acrylic but the matte vinyl blends pretty well for now. However since I covered these bezels the top one has bubbled slightly around one of the screws. I must of left some vinyl in the screm mount which has applied stress to the vinyl surrounding the screw and making it lift so the Aquaero Bezel will be worked on for a 4th time :)

You may have also noticed I received my 'Short 3" Caselabs bay mount, it's a really nice bit of kit and saved me trying to modify 3 standard long mounts separately.

Got this nifty lil Enzotech funnel as Im constantly draining and refilling paired with my old Danger Den fill syringe il be unstoppable.

Finally I will leave a photo of the "Early" stages of the Aquaero wiring still got a long long way to go if my sleeve ever shows up.

Comment

Well lot's of updates, first of the FrozenQ Reservoir has been temporarily removed as I just wasn't happy with the config. It has been replaced for now with my old EK multioption. On top of that my Bitspower Visual Flow meter was junk and leaked like a sieve so it has been completely removed from the project.

I got the loop filled with plain distilled ATM, but will be adding Mayhems to the mix as soon as I can sort out a Problem im having with a Leaky Pump Top :) Is like nothing is sealed anymore I tell ya.

First off a public safety warning DON'T PU YOUR HANDS NEAR FANS EVER.

Next up is pretty boring but it's what I have been doing and that is mainly just a whole heap of Cable Sleeving. One of the first things to do was remove the cables from the rear of my Bitfenx Recon Controller, Iv seen statements from Bitfenix saying these cables are unsleeved coz there are so many of them and not sleeving them keeps cost down. But that doesn't explain why they hot glue gun them to the PCB and headers?

So using my trusty new toy (Surgical Scaple #3 worlds best sleeving tool) I carefully work away the Glue.

All DONE!

I really dislike these half sleeved Aquacomputer USB Cables, they need some love.

Now some random Sleeving Pics.

Before I show you some case pics check out this cool Lil media Cabinet mod I did with some Cheap $13 RGB's from evil bay. It brightens up the shelf and makes everything pop just a lil.

So as you may have guessed the RIG is up and running but far from finished I just couldn't live with a Day to day PC anymore. These photos are terrible quality so I will post some more in the coming days.

We Aren't done with her yet...........

Comment

Working...
          X