Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya that kind of thing can get really annoying. Especially if you close the door and when the cd finishes it pops open the drive and breaks the cd-rom drive because it couldn't push the door open.

Comment

lol, that would really suck. Hear it clicking then it makes a loud noise then nothing. *Mumbles words that children shouldnt hear*

Comment

SLEEK: Smooth and lustrous

With a door it look smooth and almost one piece (when closed, obviously).
        - Damien

Comment

THAT'S what I like. It being "Sleek". Like all one piece. I just can't stand having pieces coming out that ones beige ones white and two are silver or what not. But you can do that when you have a cover and it will look good. Cause the cover, well, covers.

Comment

I went ahead and got a black case and took the extra effort and money on buying and finding black roms and floppy...they are every now a days...i can't stand seeing that beige stuff on a black or any other color for that matter. I'll pass thx...that why with or without a door ...my black queen looks great.

EDIT: My plextor does not eject when a cd is done...
            - Damien

Comment

Black Queen, lol

I don't see the point of having the CD-RW drives opening up when they are done but whatever.

If the case I am buying didn't have a cover I think I would go mad looking for drives that were silver (at a good price).

Comment

Told ya that ya should have got the LiteOn. :D

Comment

Why, are the lite-on's better than the plextor's?

Comment

Plextor is a very good burner and i perfer not opening its more "door friendly". Got mine in black 150 for a 40x and now they are even cheaper at newegg.com.

WiGGo- LiteOn are getting good i own one of the DVD drives...very nice and they make have a cheap 40x burner in black.

Pga- black matches with everything so my suggestion to you is that even tho you will have a door plz don't get no beige drives get them at least in black...it gives it a nice contrast just like black buttons would. Just my opinon since black bezeled drives are real cheap nowadays.
                    - Damien

Comment

I was actually going to mod the doors. I read an article on it (can't remember link though). You pop the front covers off and paint em. I have some silver spray paint that I think might match the case pretty close. If not I will just buy some black paint...

Comment

use primer...paint sticks on better when you have a primer base coat.
                        - Damien

Comment

I find that if I am burning alot of cds in a row, it is handy to have it automatially pop open.

I shoudl note, that mine dosent pop open until I close the prompt from nero that my cd is done burning, so if i am not at the computer, It dosent sit open collecting dust.

Comment

When i do multiples yes mine does open...but not a single burn...in that case you would have to leave the door open...
                            - Damien

Comment

Aaah ok I forgot about the primer. I am also looking for some kind of sealer so it doesnt rub off when you touch it...

Comment

finally got hold of a digital camera :D
                                TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Working...
                                X