Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey respawn, are you talking about the case that I am buying? If so, I kinda like how it looks but the main reason(s) I am buying it is A. The price only $62 for a nice case not bad. and B. Great cooling possibilities without having to mod it. Anyway I havent really seen to many versions of this case that are made by any other company. It's a Chenming, alot of people mod it for simple reasons: A. It already has good cooling, which in some cases a case does not. B. The have a good shape so that you can put in a window. C. They come in alot of different colors. And like I said before: The price is right for modding.

-PGA1234

Comment

If we're talking about the same case...............then Antec makes it and started in. Chemnig started making them also. and so does like 5 other companies that I can think of off the top of my head. Go to coolerguys.com and look at there "custom cases" they took out the entire wind tunnel series!!!!! what do they have now? THAT CASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

"alot of people mod it for simple reasons".

I should have added in there "And re-sell it" but anyway yes I do know what you mean. But I know what you mean by the market being overrun by them. It does suck now you cant find too much of a variety as before. Oh well as soon as someone comes out with a different case that becomes popular these will be out and the new ones will be in.

Comment

that's basically the only reason why I "Hate" it. Ask me to give you a reason why I hate it? And I probably can't come up with a single reason. How can you hate a computer case? But ya that's exactly why its becuase there is nothing but that case and that's all I see anymore. lol that was a reason wasn't it?

Comment

Yeah, I guess you like having a more original case over one that everyone has? Don't like following a trend. I personally would rather have a case with more character but I can't really find one I like to much that meets my reqs. Has to have good cooling. Has to have some degreee of quality. Can't be too expensive. And has to have a cover on the front. But at least this case isnt like the "Dragon" versions those are just too overdone. This is a slighty different model "Matrix" it is the same thing basically with just a different look on the front.

Comment

you pretty much guessed it. My case is the Wind Tunnel Plus. No one and I mean NO ONE sells this case except for coolerguys.com well wait a minute. Let me rephrase that. Coolerguys.com doesn't sell it anymore because it got replaced by the case that your getting. In fact about 3 posts ago I said the entire wind tunnel line up got replaced by cases that all look the same.

Comment

Yeah I like those cases but I just CANT stand having the drives and such sticking out like that. Just a thing I cant stand. Anyway If that case had a front cover I would have looked for one...

Comment

What's the point in a door? In fact there was a thread that I think beefy created about all the down sides to a door. lol it was quite humorous. Its only makes things inconvient. Open door pop in cd close door. Or open cd-rom door closes by itself from the wind in the room breaks cd-rom. Hides the beauty of all the gadgets that you have? WHy would you want to hide your cd-roms? Are you embarresed of them or something? Having to hide them? Protecting it from dust? Like dust doesn't get on the "dust cover" personally I rather clean dust off a cd-rom then a door with slots in it. Cleaning dust off a flat service is a bit easier then shoving a q-tip in a slot.

Comment

Ah well I am picky when it comes to cases. I want my case to look nice. I would hate it if I had a nice Silver case and then have to buy beige or white cd-rom drives... Just personal preference really.

Comment

Im with you RD, I HATE DOORS!!

Comment

I agree. I need things to match. And I hate dark components. Or colored components. I like my components white or beige. My speakers are black but I prefere speakers to be black I don't like white speakers. Weird huh?

Comment

I like it black. The door was cool for me at one time but now my antec clone case is without a door its a hassle with my desk and setup...i don't dislike them just with my current desk and chair its a mission getting out of your comfortbale position to eject a cd.

But it gives it a great sleak look...and by all means if you don't have any trouble with it...you should get it.: peace2:
                          - Damien

Comment

sleek look? lol we're not exactly talking about a car that needs some more aerodynamic work. We're talking about a comptuer that sits there. All though it is nice to have a comptuer that look snice compared to one that doesn't. But I don't see the goodiness in it.

Comment

I could see where a door would be a pain in the @$$. If you had this case to your right it would be a pain in the @$$ to get stuff in and out. But on my desk the PC sits to the left and a door like that one really isnt a trouble at all. But if usually I was no-cd cracks for pc games to make it easier to switch between games but whatever. Like I said before everyone has there own preference of what they like. I like covers, you don't. Does it matter? Nope.

Comment

I used to have a case with a door, and I thought it would be really cool, but I burn ALOT of cd's so it was always open, and it was just kind of silly for me.

If a door turns your cranks, more power to ya, but I couldnt stand to have one on my main system ever again.

Comment

Working...
                                X