Which is the best Power Supply Unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is the best Power Supply Unit?

Hi! I would like to have your opinion on which is the best PSU: Antec TruePower 430, Enermax EG465AX-VE FMA ou a nova ThermalTake PurePower TT-420APD??

I've been reading some revies but I don't have clear which one is the best...

Any help is welcome!!!

thanx

Well I've heard alot of good from Enermax yet alot of bad. Something about 500 Watt PSU's and up are bad?

Comment

Make sure you get a PSU that has an intake fan mounted on the BOTTOM of it. This will keep air going across the CPU instead of being sucked to the back of the PSU and then out. Kinda hard to understand but if you read the AMD recommendations on building a computer you'll understand.

Comment

The best ones are Antec, Enermax and Super Flower, and they are all made in the same factory with the same parts.

Comment

Anyone can say something bad about an Enermax or an Antec PSU, but they're likely saying so because they used those PSUs incorrectly. Antec and Enermax PSUs are designed to handle a much larger load than what they are rated for. This does not mean that you should load them over the rating, instead, just use this fact to comfort yourself about your system's health. Anyone who complains about an Antec or an Enermax PSU maybe is that 1 in 1000 who got a bad PSU, but more likely the PSU failure was a result of USER ERROR.

Comment

I have used several Antecs over the years and have never had a complaint. Using an older 403 now with a lot of hours on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Corduroy
              Anyone can say something bad about an Enermax or an Antec PSU, but they're likely saying so because they used those PSUs incorrectly. Antec and Enermax PSUs are designed to handle a much larger load than what they are rated for. This does not mean that you should load them over the rating, instead, just use this fact to comfort yourself about your system's health. Anyone who complains about an Antec or an Enermax PSU maybe is that 1 in 1000 who got a bad PSU, but more likely the PSU failure was a result of USER ERROR.
              Hmmm, not really. Apparently a bad batch of enermax power supplies hit the market, and that his sort of damaged thier reputation slightly. Anyhow, Antec power supplies are pretty good, as is that thermaltake one, that thermaltake power supply is apparently the best one on the market, followed closely by antec truepower.
              As for me im running an Antec solution PSU, and its pretty good too, my voltages are 12.03 and 4.98

Comment

I did have an Enermax 450 watt psu die on me (still waiting 3 months later for the repair) and I purchased a Top-Power 370 watt which has been great.

I have another pc with an Enermax 300 watt that has been fine for a year.

Comment

how long are PSU's generally supposed to last?

Comment

Most will generally last for years and years but there are those that won't. ;)
                    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Hmm. I have a Maxpower 300W and it's been working great for the 1 year that I've had it. I might get a new PS when I buy a new case.

Comment

Working...
                      X