No announcement yet.

Does Your Mid-Tower Rule?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try here as they seem to have most of the versions of those cases, http://www.directron.com/cases---case-fans.html , with differing front panels. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

The model of that case is CHIEFTEC Server Chasis (Workstation Tower) Model DX-01BD-420W. I suppose the case alone would be minus the 420W part of the model number. As for one without a door i haven't seen one at least at newegg. You can always remove the door it really simple...just like removing an empty toliet paper roll. By accessory connections, you mean HDD light and power LED? If so then yes, its all there with all your screws and screwless/slide-in cd-rom installation. Corduroy was right when he mentioned the metal has a thick guage, it gave me some trouble when making a mod.

The side panel does not have any blowholes or anything like...i don't know if you were looking for a case with that. They do sell that case with one blow hole, but i decided to go with the one without it, since my intentions were to mod two on there anyways.

Take Care...: peace2:
      - Damien

Comment

Ok, Thanks for the thorough reponse.

I know the door can be removed, i just like the sleek sexy look of no door, all the time. Plus the only time I would actually want a door is when I am carrying it, which isn't that often... And I hate how the drive bays look with the 'finger access' holes on the left and right of the drives.

Ok, by accessory attachments, I mean USB, and Firewire, (possibly audio?)

I am not interested in manufactured blowholes either, I like my own positioning.

Comment

Sorry for the late response. The answer is no...it has no connections of that sort. Its very simple front with the ripple like this ((((((( that comes in front of the case which are the vents for both of your front intake fans. So it won't be your case if thats what you are looking for. I know it makes for easier connection especially, memory stick hubs, game controllers, etc...: peace2:
          - Damien

Comment

Ok, well thanks for everyone's help in this thread... Here is what I decided on... (See bottom pic)

See the 8 page review HERE (lotsa pics)

And I got my very own Here: (compare with newegg for 135$ shipped)

This seller doesn't quite have as good of feedback as I usually prefer buying from, but I emailed 6 people who also bought this case from him, and 5 of them were very happy with what they got, and one said his was missing two drive rails, but the seller did send to additional drive rails at no extra cost.

Here are the Unique features of the case:

Large Removable fan filter
            Front USB/Firewire ports (behind flip up door)
            Comes with a pair of 80mm fans
            330watt PSU included which has special fan plugs to allow the PSU to speed up the fans or slow them down automatically.
            Extra LEDs on front (4 Total)
            Incredibly sturdy

Comment

Here is the pic that didn't get uploaded last time

Comment

ZeraduL i am as conviced as you are. This case has all you want: room, strength, and good looks. Its not too out of this world "spacey" looking. Str8 to the point looks with useful connections and a good amount of cooling.

Hope it goes well with the eBay: peace2:
                - Damien

Comment

It will, the case was shipped 10 hours after I bid, and I have the tracking number. Its already 30% of the way here (2500 miles) (after a day and a half)

ALOT of people have a wierd ebay phobia. Don't listen to them. If you take the time to understand how ebay works, and choose every seller carefully, eBay will be a wonderfully inexpensive experience. And here is another myth; everything on ebay is used. Not true. Depending on the category, 30 - 80% of the items are brand new. And so if you want only new stuff, there is PLENTY to choose from.

The only thing you have to fear on ebay is your own Ignorance to how the system works. eBay has a flawless system going.

Comment

Good for you ZeRaDuL.:thumb:

My friend and i have ordered comic books from users on ebay...and lemme tell with just few just a few exceptions they come in mint condition. There was one instance where the seller delieverd the comic witha small dent on the corner...we emailed him and he emailed us w/ a response and told us to send it back. It was prolly Priority's mail fault but i was not content with it. So with out a problem we sent it back.
                    - Damien

Comment

Only 1 choice from me Antec SX1240 All the drive bays you could ever want , enough fan mounts to make it hover above the floor , and big enough to do what ever modding you want to do

Comment

My next case, Antec PLUS1080AMG, approxiately $250aus. ;)

Comment

Well, My case arrived Wed. afternoon. And it rules.

Every aspect is the utmost of quality, except for one problem not mentioned (or even noticed?) by any reviewer.

The filter is an absolute joke. A filter is only effective if the air you are filtering goes THROUGH the filter!. And NO attempt was made to make a seal, so there is a 5mm gap around the filter in every direction. Even if the filter is PERFECTLY clean, I estimate only 60% of the air goes through it, and if the filter becomes even partially blocked, the air can EASILY go around the filter. :thumbs do :thumbs do Left as it is, the filter blocks nothing but giant dust bunnies that have already formed on your floor.

Not to mention, the filter isn't exactly 'good' filter material. Its not horrible, but not even 20% as good as a thin 'foam' filter. BUT, even with the compromised filter material, it still would be 'decent' had there been an attempt at designing a seal around the filter. And it would NOT have been difficult.

It has already become my first mod, and after about 45 minutes with some careful hot glue, and pipe cleaners, I will have a decent seal around the filter. BUT this could have been done by an intelligent case designer in 2 minutes, with no added cost or difficulty in the production of the case.

Its still a great case, but I didn't pay for the best case money can buy to have to mod one of the features it sold me on.

Comment

Can you seal the gap around the filter? What color are you going to paint your beast?

Comment

It has already become my first mod, and after about 45 minutes with some careful hot glue, and pipe cleaners, I will have a decent seal around the filter.
                              Thats what I plan to use....

Comment

After some more thought, I have decided to use some thin foam weather stripping. Which will work much better than my previous idea...

:thumb: :thumb:

Comment

Working...
                                X