What you guys think of this set up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What you guys think of this set up?

id appreciate as much feed back as i can get.. i wanna get this thing cold,, but dont wanna get into water cooling, peltiers, etc.

i have the side panel open,, cos i havnt had a chance to invest in a dremel to cut holes yet :(

Do those 3 hung fans actually improve temps? :?:

Comment

well,,, the air seems to be blown in and straight onto the hsf and the kt333 chipset (need ALOT of cooling) and manages too cool the ram a fair bit, which is also good...
      the 2 fans on the left spew air out,, as do the hdd coolers on the right.
      my mobo temp is now 17 and cpu is 37-41, depending on how hot the day is.. before these fans it was more like 41-44 and the mobo was around 20-23

Comment

So long as the CPU stays under 50c under full load conditions then ya all right but really ya should have the fans mounted in the side panel drawing fresh air in. Ideally puttin' in a blow hole and two fans in the side panel, one over the CPU and one over the video card, should be sufficient. If you have a tool hire place near you just hire a 3" metal hole saw to fit in a drill and with a low speed and some oil (to lubricate the saw teeth) will give you perfect holes for the fans. :smokin:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

yea,, im gonna get one of those window kits with the 80mm fan grill thingos on the side panel,,, so ill fix the fans there.
          then have the 2 at the back pulling air out,, and the hdd coolers pushin it in... well,,, i just spoke to my dad on the fone,, and it turns out he has something to cut thru my case with! im in luck ;)

you think i should get a bracket cooler for my gf4?

Comment

I use a drill, jigsaw and curved file myself for doin' fan holes. :smokin:

Comment

drill and jigsaw eh?
              well,,, i have a drill,, but no jigsaw....
              hmmm, ill work something out im sure!
              thanks wiggo,, great help!
              just one more thing though,,, how big should the blowhole be? 120mm?

Comment

Do some measurin' to be sure that size will fit but the largest I've ever done was 92mm as that was the largest I could get away with without intrudin' on other hardware though most have only been 80mm. :smokin:

Comment

ahhh yes,,, well yea, ill see how it goes!

thanks alot man!
                  :D

Comment

I used a drill a 3 inch bit...i drill it with the lube like WiGGo explained and it was sweet. I used a dremel to sand down the hole's edges...but a file works just as good.: peace2:
                    - Damien

Comment

Nice tape there!!! LOL
                      Why don't you drill some holes in you side of the case?

Comment

Why don't you drill some holes in you side of the case? - MySTiCuSS
                        i havnt had a chance to invest in a dremel to cut holes yet - First post in the thread
                        :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

Comment

hehe.. im sure you know a friend that has a dremmel or a family member just ask if you could borrow threres for a lil bit.. =)

Comment

1 thing I've learned: practice with a dremel first before attempting to cut. I kinda hosed up a window cut since I'd never used a dremel before. But that's okay, I replaced the side of the case with a custom cut sheet of acrylic:laugh:

Comment

:cool: Invest in the hole saws, dremel etc. Remember, over time you will need to cut many holes in many cases. I hope that tape is treated with fire retardent. :rolleyes:

Comment

Working...
                              X