Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it makes me a philosopher to want my case to reflect the power of its internal components as compared to some silly fashion statement, then put me in that category. I want my modded case to scream: "Look at me I can kick your butt."

Comment

I think 3 categories would be fine; one for minor mods, one for "all out" mods, and one for links, how'to's, etc for case modding.
      I recently bought an Enermax case wtih window and blue light, but, thanx to you all found a great site on how to paint by cd/floppy drives. Painted them silver to match the case front and looks really great. Also had to move blue light switch since it was on the back of the case. So, although my case came with some mods, I've also made some myself, which is half the fun.

Comment

And do we get to see the final product?

Comment

i'm going to take pics this weekend and post. One of the things i really like is the way i cleaned up everything inside the case.

Comment

What kind of silver paint did you use to match the drives and the case?

Comment

I used rustoleum white primer, then 2 coats of rustoleum bright coat metallic finish. I din't clearcoat them, but think I might next time.

Comment

front

Comment

inside

Comment

Very impressive paint job...and very neat guts...gj man:thumb:
                    - Damien

Comment

woh I never thought arranging the inside of a case could be possible like on a mid tower. Looks like I have some work to do so that my window looks good. Thing is I already have rounded cables and spiral wrap on my power supply cables. I think I"m out of luck cause you can't bend the cables easily.

Comment

Nice job on the case:thumb: I am going to paint my drives sooner or later and I hope them come out good. Very clean on the inside. Though i must say that that light is a little big but u probably need one like that to light it all up. It looks real good
                        :shoot3: :shoot2:

Comment

Great job. Mine are black in my current rig at home, but may do some painting on the old beige box a work. Let us know how durable the rustoleum paint is. A clearcoat probably would help protect it.

Comment

Wow, i must say these are some niiiice machines. Buddy of mine put lights in his with a window to see in. Blue neon shining through is SHARP :thumb: .

My problem with getting started on all this is knowing A) what I need, B) what does (and duznt) go together, and C) how to make sure all the components talk together (BIOS, drivers, etc.). You guys know of a 'manual' to get me started? I've installed memory, video cards, modems, etc., and can hack my way through some tekky stuff, so I don't need a dummy book, but I'd drown in some of those spec books! PEECE : peace:

Comment

hmm......that wasn't a bit clear. Are you referring to modding a computer or building one? :?:

Comment

OK, I shouldn't lump both into the same:no:

When I build my next PC, I want to do several mods to it. SOooo, my question maybe belongs in a different thread, but I'd like to get some insight into the building process, but want to work the mods in as I go...

Confused again? heheh :geek:

Comment

Working...
                                X