X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice casemod Wordbiker!!!

Comment

• hey wild_willy129, what tool did you use to cut trough your computer panel ?:confused:

Comment

• Wordbiker what's the specs on your HTPC..:?:

Comment

• hey wild_willy129, what tool did you use to cut trough your computer panel ?:confused:

Comment

• L337 & N3@7

^^Modded Door^^
            I Have 2 cathodes.. 1 in my case, and one in the door
            1 12"
            1 4"

I got rid of one pic so it shouldn't be hassle. Now there just as big as the rest

Comment

• Sweeet, the modded door of yours looks awesome. :thumb:

Comment

• Pakman{GB}
                Your pics need to be shrunken down in size m8. they're way too big for us dial-up users.

Comment

• Ahhh, the goodness of ADSL. :D Finally got it, after alot of hassling.
                  Nore more 56k :hammer:

Comment

• Originally posted by The__tweaker
                    Wordbiker what's the specs on your HTPC..:?:
                    Sorry I missed this post...email notification isn't working very well.
                    "Sneaky" is an Athlon XP 1800+ system that runs at 1900MHz with a TT Silent Boost HS/F. (I call it Sneaky because it's a stealth mod...and I ordered the parts without telling anyone. :o ) It has a Chaintech 7NIF2 Summit mATX mobo, 256 MB of Corsair PC2700, Samsung DVD-ROM, Mitsumi floppy, Seagate 120MB 8MB cache HD, Leadtech XP2000 TV card, Netgear 80211g wireless NIC, Matrix Orbital blue backlit LCD display with the LED extension controlling 4 Zalman 80X15mm fans, all stuffed into a Maxtop mATX desktop case. There are 6 case fans total, all modded in some way to make them silent, my theory being: More fans + lower capacity=More cooling at quieter levels. I made a polycarbonate bezel for it, and painted the case with a black hammered finish. It has the lighted feet, but they seem to have died prematurely.
                    My plan was to use this as a PVR for a dish TV service....but I never ordered the service. Guess it was a bit silly to build an HTPC when ya don't have TV. It's been mostly used as a spare computer for when all my kids are visiting, so I'm planning to remake it into something suitable for that. I had an FX5600 in it, but stole that for my main rig so I could have the 9800 pro in the B00Mbox project. Onboard graphics are pretty nice though, equivalent to an MX440. The kids will have to suffer it out ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by amd_man2003

Pakman{GB}
                      Your pics need to be shrunken down in size m8. they're way too big for us dial-up users.
                      I certainly couldn't wait for those obese pic's to load. :thumbs do

Comment

• hey workbiker, you didn't aswer my question:wow:

Comment

• So sorry!
                          I wasn't getting my email notifications and missed this thread for a while.
                          Well, the HTPC is no longer. I built it with big plans to use it as the media center for my entire house and a PVR for digital sattelite TV. I never have ordered a dish, so this machine has seen the most use Folding and as a spare gaming machine for my kids. It's an Athlon XP 1800+ on a Chaintech 7NIF2 Summit mobo (which I think has died on me) with 256MB Corsair PC2700 ValuRAM. It also is running a TT Silent Boost (Which allowed it to run at over 1900+MHz stably) a MSI FX5600 GPU, Samsung DVD-ROM, black Mitsumi floppy, a Leadtech TV Tuner, Netgear 802.11g wireless networking card, a Seagate 120GB HD, Matrix Orbital LCD screen, and seven case fans, all quiet models or turned down by the LCD controller, all crammed into a Maxtop mATX case. After finishing it, I wasn't actually all that happy with the results. The black hammered finish paint and stealthed fans (no fan screws showing on the outside) and the front bezel just didn't do all that much for me. I may remake it at some point with a new bezel and hopefully a replacement mobo. :cheers:

Comment

• Yeah never know about people and buying premod cases...I had one of them RADMAX cases with the lock on the side...Now my case is a hugh Antec case that was cut out awhile back...me and a buddy of mine modded it and yes it has a few spots that was not very good but the paint job pretty much fixed that...but so far I have not found a case like mine that you can buy premod but the top is what really pissed me off cuz when we put the screws in we messed up and now they do not match but to me not a big deal cuz it still looks pretty good.....now the only reas0n why I like my case better then some premod case is cuz how we cut it out was so you couldn't see my cdroms....heh btw I am a n00bie here just signed up:)

Mark

P.S do not know how to upload fotos here so you can see my case at http://profiles.yahoo.com/g33kyd3m0n by that foto let know on what you think of it...l8r

Comment

• Just finished modding my case out with a face lift
                              Took a while with my poxy dremel but it was worth it

what do you think?

Comment

• Looks awsome. I can't wait until I get enough money to get all the parts for my new computer then I'll start modding it

Comment

Working...
                                X