This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
    wow......that's nice...you did that yourself right you didn't buy it like that?

That rear exaust fan looks like its really bright to stare at lol

your hdd doesn't look very comfy though
    The rear fan has a Round Cold Cathode on it.

It is cheaper then buying a mobile rack by letting the hard drive stand like that :D

Comment

• lol ok but just be careful that's all I gotta say.......lol :p

Comment

• Cleaned up the wiring a bit, added two blue cold cathodes, Antec HSF and fan grille on the window fan. What do u think?

Comment

• Front of the case has been a bit reworked tonight

Comment

• :thumb: Way ta go Toxic........nice ta know i'm not only one

who's rig looks like hot rod chevy with all the OC mod

stickers proudly displayed
            :cheers: :cheers:

gotta tell me who makes da 3.5 bay bus as it's da only

hole i got left till da full tower box arrives for choppin': peace2:
            Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

• Originally posted by dryadsoul
              :thumb: Way ta go Toxic........nice ta know i'm not only one

who's rig looks like hot rod chevy with all the OC mod

stickers proudly displayed
              :cheers: :cheers:

gotta tell me who makes da 3.5 bay bus as it's da only

hole i got left till da full tower box arrives for choppin': peace2:
              http://www.pccasegear.com.au/category18_1.htm

They just got stock. As far as i know the ship internationally aswell.

Comment

• Well I told you guys that I would soon be posting some pictures of my almost complete media pc so here it is. The case is a plexiglass makeup case I happened to find at Target for $17 USD. The case is 100% custom and is very small measuring only a little over 165 mm or 6.5 inches. All the cutouts were made using both my trusty Black and Decker 18 volt drill and my Black and Decker rotary tool (Just like a Dremal except for higher RPM's). Almost everything in the case that is paintable is painted and this includes my custom USB/Firewire bezal, the entire DVD Rom drive (Not just the bezal but the whole thing), the 150 watt PSU, and my custom plastic moldings used on the PSU and the spot between the DVD Rom drive and plexiglass on the front of the case. Inside I covered all my cords with the same black plastic hose that I used in my main PC which seems to clean up the looks inside really well. One of my IDE cables is one that I rounded myself and the other is (untill I custom round another) one that came pre-rounded. The power-supply is highly modded as it was originall a flex-atx psu and alot bigger than it is now. To get it to fit I just cut the hell out of it eliminating all the unneccessary metal. Since there wasn't enough room in the case for my aftermarket psu fan I deceided to just mount it on the outside. The front usb/firewire ports are kind of comical because they are actually made for a PCI slot. I cut the PCI mounting bracket to use as a bezal to fit easily over the ports on the front of the case. On the back of the case all that I figured I needed was the power supply port and audio/video RCA ports. So I deceided not to mount the board flush against the back and just made extensions for the ports that I needed. The reason I don't need keyboard and mouse is because I'm going to put an RF unit inside the computer once I pick up a remote control and wireless mouse and keyboard. The board itself is a VIA EPIA M9000. It has an embedded 933mhz VIA C3 processor which runs VERY cool even with very minimal cooling. Originally I had planned to have an intake fan on the case but after using the system I have realized that this is not neccessary. The processor runs at a cool 40 degress celcius with the only cooling on the machine being the HSF and the PSU fan. The system has 256 MB of PC2100 RAM which is a great benefit to the onboard video card on this system. This is the reason that this little system is able to play movies and such with great ease. Otherwise old school PC 133 just would not be sufficient. The board also has another feature which makes it highly unique from other boards on the market and this is an integrated MPEG 2 decoder. It makes playing DVD's and DIVX's (MPEG 4) very effortless with no frame dropping. The hard drive I used is nothing special as anyone that has read my other posts knows I am a poor college student. It's just a 3.5" 5200 RPM 10.somthing GIG harddrive. It does the job for now though. The bottom drive is just a standard DVD-Rom drive that I painted all up pretty. Well anyways I will post somthing later on that shows all of the steps I took in making this system. Later guys....

Ryan :thumb:

Front Shot

Angle Shot

Rear Shot

Inside Shot

Comment

• That looks preety nice :)

Comment

• Very, very nice job. Now where's your girlfriend gonna put her makeup? :laugh: Seriously, excellent craftsmanship and well thought out.

Comment

• Thanks guys. You think I could sell these things?

Comment

• Here's my new case. It's a Kingwin 436. 13 bays, removable motherboard tray, 3 windows (2 side 1 top), 5 fans (2 front, 2 back & 1 top with tri colored fan).

The pic is a bit fuzzy but you get the idea.

Comment

• Here it is in the dark

Comment

• Just finished cleaning up the interior wiring on my machine and thought you might like to see a pic:

Comment

• Here's a pic of my new glowing IDE cables... :)

Comment

• Hey guys. So far i've modded the front only and i don't have much cooling(a don't need it). I am thinkin of puttin in a side window how wud i do this and what do i need?:devil:
                                And how do you like the front of my case i'm pretty proud of it:D

Comment

Working...
                                X