What is a good case to mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a good case to mod?

I am ready to start on my first modded computer. But have never built one myself yet. Is there a good case to mod that has very good instructions for the case itself? I am willing to drop up to $100 to $150 for the case. So I dont want anything cheap.
    Any ideas?

Re: What is a good case to mod?

Why would you spend $100 on a case you're going to mod? Half the point of case modding is so you don't have to spend a lot of money...

Comment

I have never spent more than $50 on a case and I would never spned more than that as well. And when you say instructions, what do you need instructions for? Modding a case is easy, you just need patience. It takes a long time to do a good clean thorough job, but it is worth it in the end. The main thing to work on is airflow.

Go find the cheapest generic case that has room for 120MM intake/exhaust fans. THat will make a good foundation. Most smaller PC shops have decent generic cases with lots of potential.
      GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
      AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
      Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
      Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
      Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
      PC P&C 500W PSU
      2TB Seagate
      Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

What you want is a old used Server case and a lot of thread reading on computer Modding sites.It is not something you buy,But something you build with your heart(and blood,sweat and tears.lol)Look around at salvage and thrift stores and get a big monster to cut and chop.Jo
        Main Rig-Clr full tower 7 colored fans,Asus A7N8X-Deluxe,Athlon xp3000+,1.5 gig pc3200,Saphire 9600pro 256 mb,Evercool wc101 water cooler,Ultra 500 x-connect,Maxtor 120,Dvd-rom,Dvd-ram,floppy,Windows XP pro sp2,2003 office pro...

Comment

Working...
        X