Before...And After (Fixed my Wiring)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before...And After (Fixed my Wiring)

Ok, This took 3 hours, but I finally finished, I think its definetly worth it! My CPU temp is 30c constant now, before it would be around 31-32c. My case temp however, is much better. Before it was 30c w/ Side off, now its 27c with side on! You won't believe how much dust came out of the computer, it was so bad I had to bring in the vacuum and went through 3/4 of a can of compressed air to get it cleaned out (and its still not perfect!) anyways, on to the comparison....
    ::::BEFORE::::

::::AFTER::::

::::BEFORE::::

::::AFTER::::

Quite an improvement imo, especially considering I do have a ton of wires to deal with!
    Case: Thermaltake Xaser III // Power Supply: Thermaltake Butterfly 480w // Motherboard: Chaintech 9CJS Zenith // Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 C // Heatsink: Vantec Aeroflow // Video Card: Asus 9600 XT // Harddrive: Western Digital Raptor 36.7 GB // DVD Burner: Pioneer DVR-A06 // Soundcard: Audigy 2 // Speakers: Logitech Z-680's

Re: Before...And After (Fixed my Wiring)

Now that looks a lot better.

Comment

thanks man......reduced filesize for those still on dialup (lol, dialup)
      Case: Thermaltake Xaser III // Power Supply: Thermaltake Butterfly 480w // Motherboard: Chaintech 9CJS Zenith // Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 C // Heatsink: Vantec Aeroflow // Video Card: Asus 9600 XT // Harddrive: Western Digital Raptor 36.7 GB // DVD Burner: Pioneer DVR-A06 // Soundcard: Audigy 2 // Speakers: Logitech Z-680's

Comment

Nice improvement.

Comment

Very nice indeed you still might want to use IDE ribions though make it look pro.

Comment

That's a huge improvement. I'll be doing the same thing myself once I get my new machine.
            Last edited by Yawgm0th; 11-28-2004, 06:41 PM.

Comment

When will that be Yawg? What case are you looking at? A raidmax? :P

Comment

Originally posted by Joe89
                When will that be Yawg? What case are you looking at? A raidmax? :P
                How's you know? ;) I can't do any better in terms of appearance, mobility, and airflow for $26. Plus it'd be nice to actually have it since I've recommended it a good 20 or so times to people, though no one has complained about it so far.

I'll be getting everything after the holidays since I'm just about guaranteed to have enough money by then.

Comment

The only compliant I have about Raidmax is the Finish on some of them... It needs a good coat of wax so it dosent get a huge ugly scratch, expecialy if you take it to friends places or tounaments.

Well there PSU's arent the best either, but you know that already, and you know better than to get one with a PSU. Also thier fans the come with the cases have a tempature probe... I find them anoying, but it is easly dealt with(cut, heat shrink, solder)

Comment

I'm sold for Coolermaster and Lian Li. My thermaltake one is alright, but its kinda ricy lol. I just LOVE the class of Coolermaster and Lian Li!

Comment

i was told by someone that you shouldn't tie your cables together beacuse it can cause data corruption......... i dont know if its true or not though.

Comment

Partially true. If power cable is tied to data cable you could see some issues. I think you'll just see slow downs as the data gets resent. However, I've yet to verify this with a home PC. I suspect it's for office's and such where 120 VAC is tied along with network cables. Longer cable runs and higher power.

Comment

Working...
                        X