• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [size=7
    PS-RagE[/size]]
    Whats wrong with [H]?

:toung:
    Well too many ppl and that server of their's is so dog slow but other than that it's ok. :smokin:
    <center></center>

Comment

The [H] team has a lot of processor power, I'll tell you that:thumb:

They are the #44 team in the UD research - and climbing.
      Kinda' warms my ol' heart to see so many tweakers united in a single cause.

The teams have different names, the PC's have different capabilities, but the goal is the same!

Glad to have you on the job [H]:wave:
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Originally posted by PS-RagE
        Whats wrong with [H]?

:toung:
        I frequent it often, but TT got a homier feel. Besides
        your just one of the masses. At TT your one of the crew.

Comment

My feelin' exactly Dlab. :thumb:
          <center></center>

Comment

I agree 100% with that statement Dlab - TweakTown is the right size for me, even OCAU is too large for me :(
            What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Most of the members in the Cool Cases forum at the [H] are pretty ok. As long as you don't walk in with an attitude and are prepared to learn (instead of just expecting everyone to do the work for you) all is well.

Many of the "top dog" modders (from the [H]) chat at the Pheaton forums if you want to see some of the "advanced" stuff (lower S/N ratio)

Comment

:D good to see ya.......[H] and FOC are my alternate sites, although foc is abite ocz taint'd. Thanks for the other site, I'll look in sometime soon.

Comment

I been giving a lot of thought to the S/N ratio since I started running UD 24/7.

Mostly at the 'little woman's" request.;)

Mostly the vibration reducing, as well as lining the case. I've got fans that I don't use except while gaming, but if I increase the internal temp enough to require more use of the blower, it will turn into a "robbing Peter to pay Paul" situation.
                  The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

I'm sure you remember how many months I sweated the cooling and noise levels, when configuring my rig.....Thermal prob mapping the case paid off for me. I don't think I've seen anybody else do this. I place the prob in 36 positions in the case and recorded the T's in the case over a couple of nites use. That gave me a good image of what was going on. The biggest surprise was the t's behind the mobo. Mid 40's, aveage. It was an easy fix, took a second perforated panel and replaced the original back panel, dropped the case T several c's. I should mention this mod was done at the same time I bay fan'd my HD...total change for the two was 7c's on the case. As for noise, pick the fans carefully or do what you did, fbus them. Anyway thats my $.02 worth.:)

Comment

S/N ratio
                      What does this mean?:?:

Comment

Originally posted by MySTiCuSS
                        S/N ratio
                        What does this mean?:?:
                        Sound/Noise ratio

A growing concern these days with the amount of fans used in systems (particularly high volume cooling fans).

Kind of the second grail, how do I keep temps tolerable, and still be able to have my PC in the same room?

Comment

:D So we can hear the game we are playing.
                          :rolleyes: So we can hear the music we are playing.
                          To keep our sanity.
                          :eye: So we can duck when the Ms's throw the sheo at us for waking themup.

Comment

Um, what I was referring to was that at the Pheaton Forums we have more advanced modders discussing projects as opposed to the general questions asked at the [H] (ie FAQ stuff). Thus, Signal to Noise ratio

Comment

Originally posted by PS-RagE

[B]Signal to Noise ratio
                              ........would you tell me more.....thx:cool:

Comment

beeep
                                moooo
                                beeep

signal 100%

that was a test
                                SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
                                Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Comment

Working...
                                X