Element G: How to remove top fan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Element G: How to remove top fan?

I have an Element G case and am experiencing some clearance problems between the top fan and my Cooler Master V8 CPU cooler. I tried removing the fan but it seems to be wired directly to the front fan. Is there an easy way to remove this fan so I can get my CPU cooler installed?
    Going Broke Saving Money

Re: Element G: How to remove top fan?

Unfortunately there is no easy method to remove it. A lot of things will need to be removed in order to get it out and it is connected to the front fan controller using a 3 pin connector.

Comment

I tried a few different coolers which I own and unfortunately all of them contact the top fan and do not allow me to screw in my motherboard: EVGA X58 SLI.
      Going Broke Saving Money

Comment

Are you able to rotate any of those coolers 90 degrees? That may get them to fit.

If not the top fan removal requires front panel to come off, unplug the 3 pin plug from fan controller and unscrew the fan from the top panel. It should come out.

Comment

The V8 cooler is wider if I were to turn it 90 degrees. I got the top panel off pretty easily and removed the fan. Thanks for the help.
          Going Broke Saving Money

Comment

Working...
          X