Shuttle SD37P2 BIOS update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shuttle SD37P2 BIOS update

OK, I haven't updated a BIOS before and I want to be sure I get this right. I almost used winflash, but CPUZ said I had Phoenix Technologies ver 6.00 PG BIOS. Then I checked with Lavalys EVEREST Ultimate which said my BIOS is Phoenix-AwardBIOS v6.00PG. System BIOS date is 07/06/06 which I think is 2006 b/c I bought the box in 2007. Here are the rest of my specs:
    Shuttle SD37P2 (model Glenwood-DG)
    C2D E6400
    2-1GB Corsair XMS2 PC2-6400
    ATI x1950xtx
    Seagate 320GB HD
    Shuttle DVD-RW

Alright, so according to here:

I need to set more options (Clear Cmos, Dmi Area, and Boot Block) than what shuttle's official site says at http://global.shuttle.com/support_fa...PI=766&PFI=992

Shuttle's site doesn't have an executable included with the BIOS download. It only has a bin file. I don't see why they can't make this more clear on the steps to take, but can someone please help me with the safest way to do this. I have a USB flash device I can use, but I don't know what I need to include in it, nor how to load/use it when powering up the pc. Thanks!

Oh, BTW, the reason I am doing this is because Call Of Duty 4 always crashes on me when I try to use multiplayer, but specifically when I hit the tab "Join Game". I get the iw3mp.exe has encountered and error and needs to close. So I thought I would start with driver/bios updates.
Working...
X