RCP-IV-S7064-MC & EEE 901 big problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RCP-IV-S7064-MC & EEE 901 big problem

Boys, I just managed to make a clean install using this crappy SSD on an Asus 901 (4gb + 64 gb runcore) . Only OS that managed to work are Fuduntu 14 (latest version) and the bigger brother Fedora 15. I dont like these OSs, too heavy and cant install Krusader. The rest works ok.

I have spent many hours trying to install Ubuntu and Windows xp with partial success... first reboot would work, but following reboot would fail, on Ubuntu, grub would state error message ( as if initial info would be lost...)

This runcore ssd also increases the 901 temperature, on a dual drive asus 900 (celeron) you can easily keep your coffee warm.... on the 900 i installed winXP, somehow the the bios recognizes the runcore as SATA , not so the 901`s bios (2103)

just my 5 cents...

Comment

Same problem with a RCP-IV-S7032-MC on an EeePC 1000 with latest firmware (1003).
      SSD works well with the supplied USB-miniPCIE adapter. EeePC BIOS recognizes the drive, Windows goes on with installation (from external DVD) but then refuses to boot.

Now reinstalling Windows 7 on the original (sloooow) Phison SSD (32 GB). I will try to update the firmware with the utility downloaded from Runcore (http://www.runcore.com/Upload/DownFi...er_FW3-3-2.zip)

Comment

Utility doesn't see the SSD - although Windows 7 (installed on the Phison SSD) sees it and can use it (only doesn't boot from).
        Upon second sight, the above-mentioned utility is not compatible with my RunCore.

Comment

What is worse is the fact that runcore does not reply the mails regarding this nuisance.

Comment

They do seem to reply; they are just very SLOW. My second email from them contained what seems to be the 1913 firmware for my 64gb model, but it won't flash. The memory type is off by the very last letter: The firmware they sent is for JS29F64G08CAMD1 memory, and I have JS29F64G08CAMDA. I am not sure if this is why I can't flash my drive, or if there is a hardware defect. In any case, I have RMA # so I'll send out the drive tomorrow if I don't get another firmware.

Comment

They answered me the next day after the inquiry at [email protected]!
              They said that the solution is not applicable in the field (as an electronics engineer, I asked for firmware--faulty unit has version B001), and advised RMA.
              ["we are sorry to tell you that the items have the firmware problem but the update can't be finished by yourself and it needs to be sent to factory"]
              FYI, my faulty unit data:

RunCore RCP-IV-S7032-MC
              S/N: 321109230137
              Indilinx Barefoot Plus controller IDX110M02
              firmware B001
              Micron 4 GB NAND 29F32G08CBABA (8 pcs)

Comment

Problem solved!

More details here:

Comment

I'm also having problems with my new runcore 32gb pro iv sata ii on an eeepc900. How did you all figure out what firm ware was on your ssd?

Comment

Here. My Corsair SSD has firmware version 1.3.2
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Insider; 12-19-2011, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Step By Step Video Guide How To upgrade the Runcore Firmware

Hi People!

I decided to do a step by step video guide for it.
                      How To RunCore SSD Firmware Update - YouTube
                      these are the requirements:

Checklist:

Hardware

- Runcore SSD Pro IV
                      - Srewdriver (Comes With RunCore SSD)
                      - External RunCore Enclosure (Comes With RunCore SSD)
                      - Compatible with but not limited to: Asus EEE PC 900, 900A, 901, 901 Go, and S101
                      - Paper Clip

Software

- MP Tool Indilinx

Material supplied by official [email protected]:

- Instructives PDF:

- MP Tool: (Flashing Tool With Latest Firmware 2030 version)

Thanks Insider for the brilliant Idea for the paper clip.

Comment

I just had my RunCore Pro IV 32GB stop being detected in my eeepc 901 after 3 years of use. I've successfully fixed it (losing all data) using the help from this thread.

Here are a few more notes about my experience...

SSD manufacturers -RunCore SSD Official Website > service > firmware upgrade > RCP-IV-XXXX-MC_SSD_Rework_or_FW_upgrade_Tools_FW2030
                        (I had to register to download. The download contains Indilinx MP Tool for both Samsung and Intel flash chips)

My Flash chips are Intel. I asked RunCore via tech support email which option I should choose in 'Device type', but they never responded, so I went for trial and error until the flash succeeded.

I checked the 'use usb bridge' option on the 'option' tab.

I found that some USB controllers or possibly PCs don't seem to work reliably. If you get a hang after 'RAM BIST' in the console window, try another PC.

Here are pictures of my SSD and the 'Device type' setting that finally worked for me.
                        Photo Album - Imgur

Comment

Working...
                        X