RCP-IV-S7064-MC & EEE 901 big problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCP-IV-S7064-MC & EEE 901 big problem

Yesterday I got the Runcore 70mm 64GB SSD for my ASUS EEE PC 901 (bios ver. 2103) from MyDigitalDiscounter.com.
    There are some problems with it. After installing I find that SSD is formatted in NTFS. I removed this partition and made two other partitions by standard Disc Managment Utility in Windows 7. Then I tried to install a new Windows 7 system to one of this partition. Installation failed. After rebooting Boot from SSD is failed too. After that I tried to format SSD, but I couldn't. SSD could not be initialized in Windows 7.
    Then I uninstalled SSD and installed it to the USB adapter. After that I could to initialize and format my SSD. I was able to read/write files from it. It looks like with USB adapter the SSD works correctly.
    Then I installed the SSD at the netbook again and tried to copy some files on it. Big files didn't copy correctly (movie files didn't play).
    Then I tried to install operation system again. Setup program couldn't format the partition. I rebooted netbook and checked a SSD file system. It shows RAW.
    So what should I do? SSD don't work correctly now.

Re: RCP-IV-S7064-MC & EEE 901 big problem

Hello,

I received last saturday a Runcore 70mm 32GB SSD (Ref.: RCP-IV-S7032-MC) for my eeepc 900A. I got this SSD in replacement of a former Runcore SSD I had, that failed one week earlier. The Ref for this one was RCP-IV-S7032-C (not MC), and was installed without problem.

With the RCP-IV-S7032-MC, I have the same problem as you. I tried several times installation of Windows 7 or Windows XP, without success.
    I installed Windows 7 on the original Phison 8GB SSD of the 900A,and it worked (though the phison is very slow).
    I tried to clone Windows 7 from the Phison to the Runcore with the Windows backup tool. The process is coming to its end, but, when rebooting I had a message " a read error occured", preventing the 900A to boot.

The only installation that worked on the RCP-IV-S7032-MC was a Mandriva distribution (Mandriva Live 2010), but I really want Windows to be installed on it.

I sent a message to runcore support yesterday, but I have no answer so far.

Is there some progress from your side?

Comment

Hi docve,

I have the same problem with my asus 901 go and the runcore RCP-IV-S7032-mc. I hae installed only ubuntu and the Backtrack distribution.

I have tried with Windows 7 (ghost and new installation) and Vista (new installation). Without success.

I have tried with a assus 901 too (not GO). Same results.

Someone can help us?

Thanks.

Comment

Exact same thing here, I even returned the first one only to get another with the same problem.

I asked them about the RCP-IV-S7032-C Vs. RCP-IV-S7032-mc and they said it was the same part.

I'm at a loss on what to do, Technical support from mydigitaldiscount just says, send me the unit and 30 bucks and i'll try to fix it. Not much of help there...

Comment

Originally posted by unixsystem View Post
          Exact same thing here, I even returned the first one only to get another with the same problem.

I asked them about the RCP-IV-S7032-C Vs. RCP-IV-S7032-mc and they said it was the same part.

I'm at a loss on what to do, Technical support from mydigitaldiscount just says, send me the unit and 30 bucks and i'll try to fix it. Not much of help there...
          From my side, I will send it back to the seller and order another compatible mini PCI-e SSD from another manufacturer. I am afraid that either they failed in the design of the product or there is a full faulty series ...

Anyway, I don't look any longer for a technical solution, I will just try another product, as I am now fully sure that the issue is not coming from me, but from the product itself.

Last information: last sunday, I have tried to contact Runcore via they online support form (Contact engineer - Online support - Service - RunCore SSD,PATA SSD,SATA SSD,PCIE SSD,ZIF SSD), to request help about what I can do for making this SSD work. I received no feedback from them so far. But maybe if all the concerned people are submitting something about there faulty product, they will react somehow.
          Last edited by docve; 11-17-2011, 10:21 AM.

Comment

yes, i agree. I will contact the runcore support me too.

But from the runcore site i had read that this ssd is compatible with eeepc 901 and 901 go and seven. But am not sure now. It's really true? I dont think so....

I cant understand how i can update the firmware (if i can). From the support i have not found the correct file and neither the docs about it.

So, i am not satisified at all now about this product!

Anyvway, I will try again to install it with windows seven.

Comment

I've given up. I was able to restore the OS back to the original 4&8G ssd. Mydigitaldiscount has new ssd's, the renice ones, so I put in for another RMA and told them to replace it with the other brand. I'm tired of fighting with this runcore.

Comment

I had a similar experience with the RCP-IV-S7064-C which I documented in a separate thread.

MyDigitalDiscount.com customer service quickly provided an RMA # for this Runcore, which is a fail due to reading errors. They have indicated in the Credit Memo that, per my request, they will replace this drive with the similar product they carry made by Super Talent. Still no response from Runcore to my original post. Nor have I heard from their website. (I posted an "engineer" query there.) All moot now as my Runcore drive is repacked and ready for pickup tomorrow. A shame because it was a sweet little retail package, complete with a cool little enclosure to use for cloning and to house your old drive once you were up and running.

Comment

I received the Super Talent SSD this evening. It took me no more than 15 minutes to restore Windows 7 on my eeePC 900A.

I definitly think that Runcore has produced a faulty series with this RCP-IV-S7064-MC... I hope for the others that Runcore will stop selling it.

Comment

Originally posted by docve View Post
                    I received the Super Talent SSD this evening. It took me no more than 15 minutes to restore Windows 7 on my eeePC 900A.

I definitly think that Runcore has produced a faulty series with this RCP-IV-S7064-MC... I hope for the others that Runcore will stop selling it.

Yes, i agree. I have contacted runcore to signal the issue but nobody has send me a solution.

Then i have contacted my reseller and it has said that this issue came with the last 4 runcore ssd selled by him. So it has said me that it will send me a Super Talent ssd for me eeepc.

Bye

Comment

I recently bought a Runcore RCP-IV-S7064-MC for my EEE PC 900A. I tried to install several OS on the netbook, XP, 7, and linux without any luck and always got a "disk read error". After doing some research and contacting Runcore support, they told me that the drive has a firmware issue and that I should RMA the SSD to the reseller. The reseller didn't know about the firmware issue until I told him about it and he said he would take care of the issue with Runcore. He also said he would send me a new SSD when the new shipment arrives. Hopefully this helps.

Comment

I recently bought a RCP-IV-S7064-MC for a EEEPC 900a as well. No luck: Windows 7 install gets right to the very end and then bombs, and upon reboot I get a corrupted partition and no boot. Same happened with XP. At least I know from this thread that I won't be able to install linux either. Hopefully I can get a refund for this or exchange it for a Super talent SSD like some others have reported. This is apparently a VERY common issue. RunCore: You need to get your act together and fix the firmware issues for these drives.

Comment

If you can't wait for Runcore to solve your issue, I confirm that having a RMA from your provider and buy another equivalent product from another manufacturer is a valuable solution.
                          I have a Super Talent SSD for about two weeks and it works properly.

Comment

Well if you have time and do want to wait for the Runcore, then make note of this. On the Runcore RCP-IV-S70XX-MC, there is a S/N. If these numbers (**1109******) appear on your S/N, then the firmware has issues. RMA it with Runcore/reseller and they should send you a new one in the mail. I am expecting mine to arrive today.

Comment

Been a few days now, no word from Runcore!

Comment

Working...
                              X