Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T91MT with Runcore SSD

Hi there,

I had purchased an RuneCore 32GB Pro IV Light 50mm mini-SATA PCI-e SSD for my Asus Eee PC T91MT. However the machine isnt able to recongize the SSD, I can use USB to connect to the device, I had emailed this problem several times but none of them get any replies. May I know is there are anythings that I can do?

Regards,
    Bernlad

Re: T91MT with Runcore SSD

Seems the T91MT has a PATA SSD in it not a SATA. See here.

EeeUser Forum / T91MT and Runcore iv 50mm SSD problems

We are in the process of updating the site to state the MT needs the Pro I PATA. Unfortunately the Pro IV PATA will not fit into the T91MT due to the USB and ethernet port housing.

You will have to send that product back in exchange for the Pro I PATA SSD located here.

RunCore Pro 50mm PATA Mini PCI-e PCIe SSD Compatible with the Dell Inspiron Mini 9 and Dell Vostro A90 Detail Page

Not sure what is going through Asus's mind on this one why they would change it from SATA in the T91 to PATA in the T91MT is beyond reason.

Matt

Comment

Hi Matt,

Thx for the fast response, may I know what I need to do if I wanna send that product back in exchange ??

Thx again
      Bernlad

Comment

Originally posted by bernlad View Post
        Hi Matt,

Thx for the fast response, may I know what I need to do if I wanna send that product back in exchange ??

Thx again
        Bernlad
        You will need to contact the vendor for an RMA.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Runcore Marketing View Post
          Seems the T91MT has a PATA SSD in it not a SATA. See here.

EeeUser Forum / T91MT and Runcore iv 50mm SSD problems

We are in the process of updating the site to state the MT needs the Pro I PATA. Unfortunately the Pro IV PATA will not fit into the T91MT due to the USB and ethernet port housing.

You will have to send that product back in exchange for the Pro I PATA SSD located here.

RunCore Pro 50mm PATA Mini PCI-e PCIe SSD Compatible with the Dell Inspiron Mini 9 and Dell Vostro A90 Detail Page

Not sure what is going through Asus's mind on this one why they would change it from SATA in the T91 to PATA in the T91MT is beyond reason.

Matt
          I bought and installed the PATA as you stated in my Asus T91MT, now when I turn on the computer I get a SATA 1 error. Does this mean that I did need the Pro IV Lite SATA after all?

Comment

Turns out that because I bought my T91MT when they first came out (Nov., 2009) I actually did need the Pro IV Light mini SATA SSD and not the PATA. I am happy to report that MDD exchanged the disk for me and now I am up and running. A word to the wise: Download Crystal Disk Info (freeware) and run it. This program will tell you if your SSD is a parallel (PATA) or serial (SATA) interface. I do have a newer T91MT, bought about a 2 weeks ago for my daughter and it is indeed a parallel (PATA) interface, so I have one of each.

Comment

Originally posted by KarenLynx View Post
              I bought and installed the PATA as you stated in my Asus T91MT, now when I turn on the computer I get a SATA 1 error. Does this mean that I did need the Pro IV Lite SATA after all?
              Hi! i just bought a " KingSpec IDE PATA de 32 Go Mini PCI-e (42), SSD" known also as "KSD-PMP.15-032MS" and it works perfectly with my asus eepc t91mt Pata version. ( i tryed with a kingspec SATA SSD "ksd-smp.5-032mj" version but it didnt works... perhaps because my computer is only PATA compatible, but perhaps also because of this :
              I read this somewhere on ebay : "Eee pc T91 MT : Only Can Use KSD-SMP.1, KSD-SMP.5 Can not identify")

To know if your model is SATA or PATA : If your original SSD is "Sandisk" => it is PATA. but if ther is "Asus" writen on the SSD card => it is SATA

Good luck!!

Comment

Working...
              X