USB Device not recognized with PATA ZIF to USB adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Device not recognized with PATA ZIF to USB adapter

I just received a new RunCore 1.8 PATA ZIF SSD drive which came with a PATA ZIF to USB adapter and external drive case. I have tried to connect the USB adapter to several computers with both XP and Win 7, with and without a drive connected, and with a couple different drives. Every time I connect the USB adapter the system recognizes that something has been plugged in but on every system and in every situation the computer reports "USB device not recognized". I ordered this item from the runcorestore.com site and am curious if one of the admins here can advise how to obtain support or replacement for this part. My order number is RCS-1976. Thanks for your assistance.

Jim

Re: USB Device not recognized with PATA ZIF to USB adapter

sounds like either the USB board in the case is bad, or the zif cable is not seated properly.

PM me with your addy, I can send you one of my spare enclosures

Comment

Hi there.. I have the same problem. RunCore 64Gb PATA ZIF..
      Have re-seated the connectors a couple of times to be sure each end has a secure grip on the ribbon cable, but device is still unrecognized by two test PCs.. "USB device not recognized"..
      Did you find the fault - was it a bad USB board or something else?
      Any clues appreciated..
      Al.

Comment

Hello wilkal,

You can check the connection of ZIF cable with ZIF adapter and SSD whether is correct or not.
        Attached Files

Comment

if u have a try to make sure the ssd can be recognized in the notebook(in the BIOS),when u install the ssd in it without the adapter?

Comment

My Runcore is not detected if i do not use the usb cable provided, it is a usb cable that connects to two usb ports at the same time, to get extra power.

In the other side, if XP failed to detect it the first time, XP tends to cache the configuration so it will never be detected in that same port, even if correctly connected. You have to boot in "secure mode" and connect the drive in that mode in order to get usb ports configurarion refresh.

It took me some days to figure this, i hope it helps.
            Aiken

Comment

Working...
            X