Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EX-503 RAID 1 not recognized

Hello,
    I have a problem with my EX-503 device...recently I saved some files in there because I planned to upgrade my PC and wanted to install Linux Mint as a dual boot dual drive system ( each OS on his drive).
    After doing it, I installed the JMicron HW RAID Manager, and after connecting the EX-503 through an eSATA cable, when I turn it on, I dont see anything...the JMicron program don't see any device...
    So, I tried to see if in Linux I was able to see the RAID 1 on the EX-503, after turn it on, in Linux it see the EX-503 but after "loading" (to see what's inside the device), I receive this error message :

"Error mounting /dev/sdi1 at /media/aris/Lian-Li EX-503 RAID 1: Command-line `mount -t "ntfs" -o "uhelper=udisks2,nodev,nosuid,uid=1000,gid=1000,dm ask=0077,fmask=0177" "/dev/sdi1" "/media/aris/Lian-Li EX-503 RAID 1"' exited with non-zero exit status 13: ntfs_attr_pread_i: ntfs_pread failed: Input/output error
    Failed to read NTFS $Bitmap: Input/output error
    NTFS is either inconsistent, or there is a hardware fault, or it's a
    SoftRAID/FakeRAID hardware. In the first case run chkdsk /f on Windows
    then reboot into Windows twice. The usage of the /f parameter is very
    important! If the device is a SoftRAID/FakeRAID then first activate
    it and mount a different device under the /dev/mapper/ directory, (e.g.
    /dev/mapper/nvidia_eahaabcc1). Please see the 'dmraid' documentation
    for more details."

Any idea what's going on ?
    If in Windows, I press the activation button on the back of the EX-503 ( I have not yet done this..), this will cause any problem to the actual RAID 1 ? Could this compromise the data on the disks ?
    Any suggestion as to how solve this problem without losing any data ?

Thanks !

Re: EX-503 RAID 1 not recognized

Hey Swiso -- have you already attempted contacting the official tech support page here: Lian-Li Global | Tech Support?

For this particular problem, you'll be able to get the best help through the official form. If you contact them and don't hear back with 7 days, please private message me here.

Comment

Hello,

today I solved the problem...was a defective cable.
      Now everything is running perfectly !

Thanks

Comment

Happy to hear it!

Comment

Working...
        X