Lian Li PC-B16B 3rd Front Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lian Li PC-B16B 3rd Front Fan

I want to get the Lian Li PC-B16B and add a third 120mm fan in the front as seen here:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	sp-b16025.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	756391

However, instead of putting the three flat 5.25" drive covers over it like this , I would like to know if there is some kind of ventilated cover that can go over the third fan for better airflow.

For example, does Lian Li make a version of the BZ-501 bezel that has the ends “L” out so they can be screwed into the B16B?

If not, can I install the BZ-503 over the 3rd fan and have it be flush with the rest of the front end? If so, can you confirm the fan and mount can fit behind/within the BZ-503? It looks like it should fit if the fan is flipped upside down?
    Last edited by Tony Jenkins; 12-05-2015, 08:26 PM.

Re: Lian Li PC-B16B 3rd Front Fan

Originally posted by Tony Jenkins View Post
    I want to get the Lian Li PC-B16B and add a third 120mm fan in the front as seen here:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]7946[/ATTACH]

However, instead of putting the three flat 5.25" drive covers over it like this , I would like to know if there is some kind of ventilated cover that can go over the third fan for better airflow.

For example, does Lian Li make a version of the BZ-501 bezel that has the ends ā€œLā€ out so they can be screwed into the B16B?

If not, can I install the BZ-503 over the 3rd fan and have it be flush with the rest of the front end? If so, can you confirm the fan and mount can fit behind/within the BZ-503? It looks like it should fit if the fan is flipped upside down?

The BZ-501 should be your best bet -- should work with the B16B. The BZ-503 definitely won't fit, it'll hit the fan. Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by Lian Li Tech View Post
      The BZ-501 should be your best bet -- should work with the B16B. The BZ-503 definitely won't fit, it'll hit the fan. Hope this helps!
      Unfortunately, I don't see how the BZ-501 can work with having the fan there. The 501 end tabs go into the case. With the fan bracket, nothing can go in. It would have to have an "L" tab that can be screwed into the chassis as seen here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	sp-b16004.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	755076

Is there a version of the 501 with "L" tabs or something similar?

The BZ-503 looks like it attaches to the chassis like the flat bezels seen in the photo (screwed into the outside). With the fan in the orientation as pictured, it might interfere with the bottom edge of the 503. However, if the fan and brackets were flipped upside down, it would rest in the middle of the 5.25" removable bay area (more directly behind and centered within the three flat bezels as seen in the picture. The 503 would then simply take place of the three flat bezels. That's my thinking, but without being able to see the items first hand I can't be sure.

Since you can only attach one photo, here is a link to the Lian Li site with a photo of how the 501's go into the case and the 503 below it which looks like it is attached to the outside of the chassis as mentioned:

http://www.lian-li.com/tw/files/2013/07/ex-503-02.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Jenkins View Post
        Is there a version of the 501 with "L" tabs or something similar?
        Unfortunately there is no such product.

However, if the fan and brackets were flipped upside down, it would rest in the middle of the 5.25" removable bay area (more directly behind and centered within the three flat bezels as seen in the picture. The 503 would then simply take place of the three flat bezels. That's my thinking, but without being able to see the items first hand I can't be sure.
        According to the techs, the 503 looks like it'll interfere with the fan mount. I'm not sure what you mean by flipping the fan and bracket upside down, but it appears there isn't an accessory to solve your problem. I apologize.

Comment

Working...
        X