Bp3sata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bp3sata

I would like to know which of the four power connectors on the back of the BP3SATA (x3 HDD) need to be connected? It looks like there are two SATA and two Molex power connectors. Can you just pick one, do you need a combination? Please assume you have all 3 hard drives connected to it. I searched the forums and saw someone asked this before, but the response asked for him to create his own thread since it was within another one. No answer was given and I couldn't find any other thread about it.

Also, are these available anywhere in the US? Seems like every site that lists it is out of stock.

Re: Bp3sata

Went ahead and ordered 4 of these from Italy as that's the only place I could find them at the time.

Would still like to know about the correct way to connect power to it so I can plan my PSU/setup correctly. Thanks!

Comment

Hey Tony,

Glad to see your commitment to the brand :) Your sacrifices will not go unnoticed...

Both sets of SATA and Molex connectors need to be hooked up in order to work will all three drives.

Keep on truckin'!

Comment

Originally posted by Lian Li Tech View Post
        Both sets of SATA and Molex connectors need to be hooked up in order to work will all three drives.
        Wow! Was not expecting that answer. I just want to make sure I understand correctly: All 4 power connections (2 Sata, 2 Molex) must be connected at the same time to power the backplate and the drives? That's more power connections than drives! Out of curiosity, are you able to expand on why they require so many power connections? Right now I am using two 5-bay hot swap modules and they only require 1 Molex connection each to power all 5 drives. Something seems strange here.

I actually just got the 4 BP3SATA backplates today in the mail. No instructions on it other than showing you how to screw the thing into the back of your hard drive rack.

Glad to see your commitment to the brand :) Your sacrifices will not go unnoticed...
        Thank you, I now have owned 4 Lian Li cases with various accessories throughout the years. Really like the style!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Jenkins View Post
          All 4 power connections (2 Sata, 2 Molex) must be connected at the same time to power the backplate and the drives?
          Sorry, I meant one connector in each set needs to be connected: either the two SATA OR two Molex connectors. Regarding mixing up SATA/Molex connections, I'd choose one or the other, though it's probably safe to have one connector attached to SATA with the other as Molex.

Comment

Sorry, I meant one connector in each set needs to be connected: either the two SATA OR two Molex connectors. Regarding mixing up SATA/Molex connections, I'd choose one or the other, though it's probably safe to have one connector attached to SATA with the other as Molex.
            Ahh, that make more sense. Thanks for clearing it up! And, I believe you meant to say "the two connectors in each set needs to be connected" based on the rest of what you wrote. I will be connecting two SATA power connections to each plate, no Molex.

Comment

Working...
            X