No announcement yet.

Best way to change the top most rear fan on Lian-Li PC-A71F?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to change the top most rear fan on Lian-Li PC-A71F?

Hi,

I need to change the top most rear fan on Lian-Li PC-A71F.

Is there any guide and/or "shortcut" to doing this? Or do I need to disassemble the whole thing (i.e looks like the drivebay, memory, etc. is in the way)?

Thanks.

Re: Best way to change the top most rear fan on Lian-Li PC-A71F?

Hi. You need to take the drives out for sure. We don't have any documentation on that case, and there are none here I can look at.
    If that cage is not removable, you will need to take out the drives, and anything behind them. You should not need to remove ram, that would be lower...
    Then see if you can reach in with a longer screwdriver.

Other than that, you would have to contact the very slow to respond support in Taiwan. Lian-Li Global | Contact us
    make sure the email you give them has no spaces, -, _, or any special characters. They don't get past the filter.

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Comment

Hi, thank you.

I'll try to take some photos tomorrow to show what I mean – just to get a second opinion.

As far as I can tell I need to remove memory etc, to get to two screws closest to the motherboard on the bottom of the drive bay.

I have contacted Lian-Li, but they have not replied… yet.

Here is more info about the PC-A71F:
      Manual from Lian-Li (no info on the back fans)
      Pretty thorough review (YouTube)

Comment

OK. Looking at that, the HDD cage and fan are one unit. You just need to remove the cage. Take off the 4 screws on the back wall, and any other screws I can't see, and slide the cage back. It should all move.
        Then, you will have to take the fan off the cage :)

That's about all I can see from here.

Comment

Thanks, but I don't think it is that easy. I took some photos (not that good quality) and explained a bit more.

But it looks like the screws loosening the HDD enclosure is from the bottom, and the two furthest in is blocked the motherboard, memory, cpu fan, etc. unless I use a very specialized tool of some sort (90 degree screwdriver).

I'm hoping I am missing something, that makes it easier.

Album:
          https://imgur.com/a/y2xJR
          Last edited by nle; 09-30-2015, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Those screws look like part of the case. You only need to take out the HDD cage.

Once you took of the 4 thumb screws on the back, did you try pushing the rive cage back? Those could be the only screws holding it in. There may be more screws I can't see, the web page has the wrong gallery listed.... But the cage should be very easy to remove. You don't need to unscrew any of those you circled.

Comment

Thanks again for taking the time.

Are you sure? I tried pushing, and it did not bulge. As far as I can see the four screws I showed is holding the whole HDD enclosure.
              Attached Files

Comment

Darn it. TT ate my reply.

am I sure? Nope. I know nothing.

I have emailed and skyped them.
                Just note, this is the first day back after 4 days off due to Typhoon. So the answer will be slow.
                And its almost quitting time, so I will be off for more than 12 hrs.

I will be back.

Comment

OK. She said: "first, remove the HDD rack out by loosing the screws from the down side of the rack and then, you could remove the fan."

So, those 4 screws on the underside.

Probably.

So yes, you may need to take off the CPU cooler and rams. Sorry.

Comment

Ok. That was what I feared.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Well. Any excuse to rip open your computer and re build it is a good one! That is how we "make it better!" #AmIRight

Let me know how it goes.
                      Thanks
                      Kip

Comment

This is a NAS storage with ESXi, so it's a "set and forget" kind of system. But I get a warning everytime there is a problem with the fanspeed, and when it's back to normal. So I would like to get this fixed.

I'll let you know.

Comment

Don't forget to download more RAM ;)

It seems like a very nice case for that. Lots of drive holding ability. Hope it works out.

Comment

I forgot to update.

I ended up using a screwdriver bit and my hands so it's small enough to get to the two rear screws.
                            Changed the fan, and everything works fine.

When I put it back I only secured the two screws that is easy to get to. That's secure enough.

Thank for your help.

Comment

Glad it worked in the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X