Lian Li PC-X510WX Improvement Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lian Li PC-X510WX Improvement Idea

I have been flipping through pics at your computex booth this year and i saw your PC-510WX case. Let me just say congratulations as that will most likely be my next case. However I did see something that could easily be improved on. In the rear you have 2 120mm fans not aligned and spaced a little far apart. My suggestion is bring the top 120mm fan down and align it with the other one so people could mount a 240mm rad at the back and still have room for a 260mm rad up top. That would be perfect

Also thank you for making a case that is tall instead of deep. My knees thank you for it :)

Re: Lian Li PC-X510WX Improvement Idea

I passed that on to R&D. The PC-X510WX is still prototype, so they want to thank you for your input. Keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by Lian Li Tech View Post
      I passed that on to R&D. The PC-X510WX is still prototype, so they want to thank you for your input. Keep it up!

Thank you for getting back to me. I love when a company takes in consumer feedback. I would love to make a few more suggestions but the images of the case are so few and arent of the greatest quality. If you wouldnt mind posting some more for everyone to see :D

Comment

I took some myself, but they are not great :)
        Tek Syndicate will have a video of the booth soon.
        I am not sure when Lina Li official pictures will come out. They sometimes wait till production :( It is a sneak peak :)

Comment

I'll be sure to check out the video. So I found a slightly better photo of the case on Anandtech and I think your company is so close to having an amazing water cooling case. The case seems to be only able to hold 4 3.5 drives and 2-3 2.5 drives so it doesnt seem to be focused around storage. All it really needs is some slight tweaking to be a great water cooling case. Here is my idea.

1) Like I mentioned earlier take the top 120mm fan align it with the other one and lower it so you have the possibility to have a 240mm in the rear of the case.

2) There is easily room for a 4th 120mm fan in the front. id say add the 4th 120mm fan so people could mount a 480mm radiator in the front. I dont know any company that supports a 480mm radiator in the front; Let alone a mid tower. However if you do decide to do that you would need to make the case a little bit deeper. The case right now is at 436mm right? I'd say bump it out to 465-470mm. It would still be very shallow (considering most mid towers are >500mm) and would allow a front 480mm radiator.

3) So in order to add these radiators some of the top shelf where the hard drives are will have to be cut away. Instead of having 4 3.25 drive slots have only 2. Since hard drives are so massive nowadays i think 2 3.25 drive bays would be more than enough if this case was more geared towards water cooling.

Also just re reading some of the bullet points of the case; are there no 120mm fans on the roof of the case? If so i would say add 3x120mm fan holes to once again make this case more geared toward water cooling. I know that it seems like alot of fans but it would give the consumer so many options to choose from on how to water cool the case.
          Last edited by bigboy678; 06-11-2015, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Hey BigBoy. I passed on the suggestions to the RnD team, and by team, I mean one smart old man. He is not very open to ideas on this case. I hope that means not yet, but sometimes his ideas happen too fast.

And... Does anyone know what Sabinalu means? Sneak method? Larger slot? Vickerman die?

Comment

I would buy this case if it didnt have the top compartment. Seems a bit redundant.

Comment

You can never have enough redundant back up!

The case is designed the way it is for the same reason it is tall and thin. The top is for drives, or PSU or water cooling. You have so many options with this case.
                No, he could not line up the 2 rear fans. Because of how the top bay is, its sorta like a pedestal case that has been pre-attached :)

I've not had my hands on the final version yet, but I have hopes its good from what I have heard. Now, I have had hands on with 2 of the new cases... The one that was my favorite if you watch The Tek in particular. It is awesome. I will probably buy one myself. This x510WX I hope to see this week, or the next. They are coming down to us PR guys slowly.
                Last edited by Lian Li Tech; 08-12-2015, 08:23 PM.

Comment

You can never have enough redundant back up!

The case is designed the way it is for the same reason it is tall and thin. The top is for drives, or PSU or water cooling. You have so many options with this case.
                  No, he could not line up the 2 rear fans. Because of how the top bay is, its sorta like a pedestal case that has been pre-attached :)

I've not had my hands on the final version yet, but I have hopes its good from what I have heard. Now, I have had hands on with 2 of the new cases... The one that was my favorite if you watch The Tek in particular. It is awesome. I will probably buy one myself. This x510WX I hope to see this week, or the next. They are coming down to us PR guys slowly.

Thank you so much for passing my ideas down the line. Oh well about not aligning the rear fans. cant win them all. I have never had such amazing PR from any company ever. Your company should be very proud of itself for that. I do however have some constructive criticism for your company. Im not trying to be a jerk or a troll but a person who wants your company your succeed many years to come. Without question you make some of the highest quality cases in the industry but that is not your issue. Your issue as a company is over the last few years you have spent too much time focusing on the the aesthetic quality of a case over the function of the case. I feel like your company has been forgetting to ask itself a major question when designing a case. The question is "Who is this case for?" Is it a case designed to house a massive amount of hard drives?, is it a case with silence in mind?, is it a case with high airflow in mind?, is it a case with watercooling in mind? You have made some beatiful cases with nice glass sides and front panels but their function as a case to me seems a little lacking. I fell in love with your cases when you released the v-1000 series of cases. not only was it very beautiful it was the first case i nthe industry to my knowledge that had seperate thermal zones for the hotter components. Thats the type of company I really hope you try to go back to. One that can balance the aesthetic and function of the case just right. Thank you so much for your time and listening to this

Comment

Hi. Well, I just did the video for the 510. The PSU is bottom only, and the top is for drives and options. This is a case for tinkers, tweakers, and modders I think. It has potential and room and thinness, but may need some tweaking before its perfect for some. But the potential! Such room, many space.

As for the rest, I can't say you are wrong. Lian Li had the function down first though and then went for form. It can be hard to tell who the case is for sometimes. But, remember, there are many of them, not like other companies that put out one or 2 a year, we have 7 coming out this month and 2 more secrets you don't know about yet. Think of it like picking a puppy at the pound. There is no perfect one, and yours may poop on the floor and chew your slippers. But you will know the right one when you see it, and when you take him home, you will never let it go.

Comment

Hi. Well, I just did the video for the 510. The PSU is bottom only, and the top is for drives and options. This is a case for tinkers, tweakers, and modders I think. It has potential and room and thinness, but may need some tweaking before its perfect for some. But the potential! Such room, many space.

As for the rest, I can't say you are wrong. Lian Li had the function down first though and then went for form. It can be hard to tell who the case is for sometimes. But, remember, there are many of them, not like other companies that put out one or 2 a year, we have 7 coming out this month and 2 more secrets you don't know about yet. Think of it like picking a puppy at the pound. There is no perfect one, and yours may poop on the floor and chew your slippers. But you will know the right one when you see it, and when you take him home, you will never let it go.

While youre right it will take some tinkering and modding to make the case for someone a lot of people dont feel comfortable drilling holes in $250 + dollar cases :) You guys do make a lot of great cases which is nice but as you said its hard to tell who the case is for sometimes. I just wish the company would make some more cases where its not a case trying to do too many things but its a case for watercooling, storage, etc. just my 2 cents

Comment

Like I said, the 510 is a tinkers case, god for cooling and being tall. You can buy an o8 if you need beauty and bigness, or an o7. Or you go with a q10 if you need compact, or a PC-v33 if you need awesomeness. Find the case that is right for you.

The 510 with out the top chamber is a classic Lian Li look, with a modern PSU holder. Adding that top just makes it a bit better. Tall brushed aluminum cases are so Lian Li, its on the t shirt :)

Comment

Hello!
                          Maybe it's me or my computer, but I can't seem to see the video for the 510. Would you be so kind to post a link? I'm DYING to see it! :) Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                          X