PC-Q25 - no rubber for drive rails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC-Q25 - no rubber for drive rails

So - I outfitted my PC-Q25 with 4 x HDD in the hotswap drive bays. And much to my suprise, it is not possible to outfit the rails with the provided rubber paddings, making it noisy and extremely.. 'vibrating'..
    To quote Lian-Li Global | PC-Q25
    "Sata hot swap HDD cage, using thumb screws with rubber suspension, supports five 3.5″ HDDs."

Only I'm having the excact issue as below:
    Lian Li PC-Q25 mITX Case Review | Overclockers

The provided screws are simply to short to cover the rubber pads and the drive rails.. No problem I thought - I had some other screws that could work. But that didn't help - because the rubber pads are slightly larger than then drive rails, making it impossible to mount in the hotswap bays *facepalm*

Anyone else having this issue, or even better - a way to fix it?

I'm considering cutting the rubber slighty, so see if it fits, but that certainly won't be pretty..

As the guy on overclockers.com points out - it may be an error in the instructions, but I don't buy that, since the official specs on lian-li.com actually says it can be done..
    Last edited by quivos; 11-10-2014, 09:03 AM.

Re: PC-Q25 - no rubber for drive rails

Would very much appreciate a response from Lian-Li reg. this.. If it is simply not possible, this is basically false marketing.

Comment

Hi Quivos,

Can you send a pic of the cage and rubber pads so that we can see exactly what is going on? Thanks

Comment

Sure, will do that once I'm home friday.

However - issue is excatly the same as the overclockers.com link.

Comment

Originally posted by quivos View Post
          Sure, will do that once I'm home friday.

However - issue is excatly the same as the overclockers.com link.
          Hi Quivos,

If you are inserting the screw like the Overclockers.com editor did then actually, you are inserting it backwords.

Please put in the screws like the below picture.

Let me know if I can help more.
          Last edited by Lian Li Tech; 11-14-2014, 01:04 AM.

Comment

I will verify that today.. But please take a look at the picture you just posted. There is no rubber, in that picture. That is plastic, and not noise or vibration dampening. That screw is not 'thumb screws with rubber suspension' as taken from the official product specification.

Comment

Hi Quivos,

When the PC-Q25 first came out it used the plastic rails like in picture above. After some feedback, we included the rubber washers, as it tends to dampen the vibrations more than the plastic rails. While it is probably not that clear in the marketing material, the afterwards inclusion of the rubber washers allows for a choice in which way to mount.

I would suggest using the rubber washers, instead of the plastic rails. They mount in the same way as many other cases like this.

I hope this clears up everything. And please let me know if I can help further.

Originally posted by quivos View Post
              I will verify that today.. But please take a look at the picture you just posted. There is no rubber, in that picture. That is plastic, and not noise or vibration dampening. That screw is not 'thumb screws with rubber suspension' as taken from the official product specification.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.
                I will give this a go - however this just doesn't match the official specs in any way.. The specs specify that rubber washers could be combined with rails - to which you've already provided an answer, but this just isn't acceptable in my opinion.
                The manual even states so. Furthermore - there are not enough rubber washers included in the packaging, to successfully mount all disks using this.

I will mount as many disks as I can and experiment - however I honestly expect I'll end up buying another case, this time from a different manufacturer.

Comment

I bought a PC-Q25 case on 12/2/2014 and it didn't include the rubber grommets for the 5-bay section. It came with 20 thumb screws and 10 plastic rails.

How would I go about getting 20 grubber grommets, so I can use those instead of the plastic rails to mount the drives to reduce noise.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi cpuroast,

Can you PM me information on where you bought the case and also send me your shipping address so I can look into it?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Cpuroast View Post
                    I bought a PC-Q25 case on 12/2/2014 and it didn't include the rubber grommets for the 5-bay section. It came with 20 thumb screws and 10 plastic rails.

How would I go about getting 20 grubber grommets, so I can use those instead of the plastic rails to mount the drives to reduce noise.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian Li Tech View Post
                      Hi cpuroast,

Can you PM me information on where you bought the case and also send me your shipping address so I can look into it?

Thanks.
                      Hi,

I PMed you the info you requested yesterday morning.

Thanks again for looking into this!

Comment

Working...
                      X