Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Panel Leads (Lian Li PC-A61B) and Asus Q Connector

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a Lian Li PC-A61B and I'm trying to install an Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard in it. It comes with an Asus Q Connector and I have some questions concerning the hookup of the case's HD activity LED and the motherboard beep code speaker to the Q Connector.

My understanding from the Lian Li PC-A61B manual is that black/white cables are always negative (ground) and pure black cables are always positive. With respect to the HD activity leads, my case has a situation in that the black and white cable is connected to what appears to be a positive pin connector (as indicated by the delta symbol on the pin connector attached to the black and white cable in the photo below (second cable from the top)). I just want confirmation that I should continue to treat the black and white cable as negative and just disregard the fact that that wire is hooked up to a positive pin connector.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

If I reverse the connector by flipping it over, I think the polarities will be wrong, as the positive wire (pure black cable) will be connected at the second pin from the top and the ground (black and white cable) will be the first pin from the top.

For the motherboard speaker, I just want to confirm that the red wire is the 5v

If you could please let me know if my understanding is correct and I should continue to treat all black and white cables as negative and should treat the red cable on the speaker as the 5v (positive), I would appreciate it. I really don't want to damage the motherboard by reversing the polarity of these connectors by mistake.

Thanks!

Re: Front Panel Leads (Lian Li PC-A61B) and Asus Q Connector

To follow up on my own question for anyone else who has this case: ignore the marking on the black cable heads - they can be mislabled, just follow the wiring - full black is positive - black and white is negative/ground. Note - this means you will need to flip the connectors over if you're using a "Q Connector" or something similar.

Comment

Re: Front Panel Leads (Lian Li PC-A61B) and Asus Q Connector

Originally posted by efroh View Post
      To follow up on my own question for anyone else who has this case: ignore the marking on the black cable heads - they can be mislabled, just follow the wiring - full black is positive - black and white is negative/ground. Note - this means you will need to flip the connectors over if you're using a "Q Connector" or something similar.
      Apologies for the slow response. Since you have answered the first question, the red wire is indeed 5V.

Comment

Working...
      X