Cases with Slide-out Motherboard Trays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cases with Slide-out Motherboard Trays

I have an old Lian-Li case and I am thinking of getting a newer one for a Haswell-E build. What new cases are out there, at a reasonable price, with slide-out motherboard trays?

Thanks.

Re: Cases with Slide-out Motherboard Trays

Originally posted by zeus2014 View Post
    I have an old Lian-Li case and I am thinking of getting a newer one for a Haswell-E build. What new cases are out there, at a reasonable price, with slide-out motherboard trays?

Thanks.
    Hi Zeus2014,

What old Lian Li case do you have?

Usually only our higher end cases have removable motherboard trays such as our PC-A79. What kind of build are you planning. Perhaps I can recommend a case for you.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Lian Li Tech View Post
      Hi Zeus2014,

What old Lian Li case do you have?

Usually only our higher end cases have removable motherboard trays such as our PC-A79. What kind of build are you planning. Perhaps I can recommend a case for you.

Thanks
      I have the original silver PC-60 I believe, which has a motherboard tray. I also have the PC-V1010B, much larger and no tray. I found the latter very combersome to service, with hard to reach motherboard connections, and hard to reach hard-drive connections. I even damaged a hard-drive, destroying the connector by by trying to connect it without clear visibility and just feeling for it. I want something easier to service.

As for the components, I was thinking of getting either an i7-5930 or 5960X, mainly for video editing. Also, if the case/cpu cooling is very good, I may go for a mATX motherboard, otherwise ATX. I am still researching the components and awaiting the reviews on the CPU's/motherboards/memory. Hence, I probably have two scenarios, mATX and ATX right now.

Given the hard-drive problem above, I would prefer the hot-swap connectors if possible. I am not yet convinced of the performance and durability of watercooling versus air-cooling.

I would also like mounting space for at least 5 3.5 inch drives, and 3+ 2.5 inch drives.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by zeus2014 View Post
        I have the original silver PC-60 I believe, which has a motherboard tray. I also have the PC-V1010B, much larger and no tray. I found the latter very combersome to service, with hard to reach motherboard connections, and hard to reach hard-drive connections. I even damaged a hard-drive, destroying the connector by by trying to connect it without clear visibility and just feeling for it. I want something easier to service.

As for the components, I was thinking of getting either an i7-5930 or 5960X, mainly for video editing. Also, if the case/cpu cooling is very good, I may go for a mATX motherboard, otherwise ATX. I am still researching the components and awaiting the reviews on the CPU's/motherboards/memory. Hence, I probably have two scenarios, mATX and ATX right now.

Given the hard-drive problem above, I would prefer the hot-swap connectors if possible. I am not yet convinced of the performance and durability of watercooling versus air-cooling.

I would also like mounting space for at least 5 3.5 inch drives, and 3+ 2.5 inch drives.

Thanks.
        Since you are wanting to go with a lot of hard drives, and also something that is easily accessible I would suggest the PC-V358 Micro-ATX case, if you like cubes. The hinge makes it easy to get inside the case, as it just flips open. You can choose to go water or air cooling. Plus, you have space for up to 6 3.5" drives and 2 2.5" drives depending on the setup. One thing you do have to be careful of is the PSU length. The maximum is 200mm, but I would suggest something a little shorter for cable management issues. No Hot-Swap, included in the packaging, but it is an option that can be added.

If you are willing to go even smaller, another option is the PC-Q25. Which comes with a hotswap plane for 5 3.5" drives and you can put 3 2.5" on the cage at the case floor. Plus, it does have that awesome minimalist look. However, you will be limited in CPU cooler choices with this case since the PSU is placed in front of the CPU.

Let me know what you think.

Comment

Working...
        X