Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best air cooling case for 3 way SLI

Hello Lian Li!

I want to build a new air cooled pc dedicated for 3D GPU rendering. My 3 graphic cards are going to generate a tremendous amount of heat. What do you suggest, which case would be the best air cooling solution for a configuration like this?

Case: ???
    MB: ASUS P9X79-E WS Extreme
    CPU: Intel Core i7 4930k
    CPU cooler: Corsair Hydro H105
    GPU: 3x EVGA GeForce GTX 780 6GB SC with ACX Cooler
    PSU: Corsair AX1200i
    MEMORY: Kingston DDR3 2400 MHz 32GB (4x8GB) HyperX XMP Beast series RAM
    SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
    HDD1: Western Digital Black Series 3TB
    HDD2: Seagate 3TB

Re: Best air cooling case for 3 way SLI

I would look at a water loop to be honest, with proper GPU blocks for your specific card(s).

As for a case, something like the PC-D8000 gives you the opportunity to put 3 140mm fans on the back and loads of interior space. I have one with 19 HDDs and 1 SSD in it, it's a wonderful case. It will take whatever standard of motherboard you throw at it and you can take the central divide out (which I've done because it's a server in my case and I'm only using onboard graphics but you might want the divide in to provide support fo the graphics cards).

Comment

Yes it's a nice case. My only doubt is the place of the ventillation holes on the side of the case near the hard drives. It"s good for you, but I don't need so many HDDs but I should get as much cold air to my graphic cards. That's why I am thinking of the Lian Li PC-A79 case maybe. It has two intake fans on the side of the case close to the gpus.

Comment

True, it's very much aimed at people who want to put a boat-load of drives in but it's a very flexible case. I don't see why you couldn't reverse the 3x 140mm fans on the back (so they're blowing air into the case), have 2x 140's in the middle panel blowing air straight onto the motherboard (the bottom fan is direcly over the PCI slots) and buy the D8000-2 top panel fan kit to act as an exhaust. It does start getting expensive when you start buying the Lian-Li accessories, though, so there's bound to be a more economical solution.

Comment

Originally posted by phigo View Post
          ... I don't see why you couldn't reverse the 3x 140mm fans on the back (so they're blowing air into the case), ...
          I've tired. Is louder than pushing air out.

Comment

Working...
          X