Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrofiting a "PCI-01B" PCI Card Holder to a D600

Hi,
    I recently purchased a D600 case. Not a bad case but I have one concern. The screws that hols the PCI cards do not have the extra thickness boss that increases the thickness of the screw threads. This case just has holes pressed in like the motherboard standoffs.

Since I swap out cards often these holes will not last long at all. I would like to fit a Lian Li PCI Card holder kit but this case does not have the holes pre drilled. If I purchase a "PCI-01B" card holder clamp does it come with driling instructions / measurements? Or will Lian Li supply these?

One other suggestion I would make for this case is having holes that suit both the short and long cable clamps that come in the kits. When you buy a kit you either have to drill an extra hole for the long plastic clip or use the double sided tape. From my experience double sided tape is not a good option if you have pressure from bent cables pushing on the clamps.

If anyone has retro fitting on of these PCI clamp kits please let me know how you drilled the holes.

As a side note how do you find out which Lian Li cases still have the bosses giving extra thickness to the PCI holder screws etc as I have another build coming up later this year and I would like the quality to be the same as my older Lian Li cases, not this one.

Regards MarkL

Re: Retrofiting a "PCI-01B" PCI Card Holder to a D600

Originally posted by retiredfromlife View Post
    Hi,
    I recently purchased a D600 case. Not a bad case but I have one concern. The screws that hols the PCI cards do not have the extra thickness boss that increases the thickness of the screw threads. This case just has holes pressed in like the motherboard standoffs.

Since I swap out cards often these holes will not last long at all. I would like to fit a Lian Li PCI Card holder kit but this case does not have the holes pre drilled. If I purchase a "PCI-01B" card holder clamp does it come with driling instructions / measurements? Or will Lian Li supply these?

One other suggestion I would make for this case is having holes that suit both the short and long cable clamps that come in the kits. When you buy a kit you either have to drill an extra hole for the long plastic clip or use the double sided tape. From my experience double sided tape is not a good option if you have pressure from bent cables pushing on the clamps.

If anyone has retro fitting on of these PCI clamp kits please let me know how you drilled the holes.

As a side note how do you find out which Lian Li cases still have the bosses giving extra thickness to the PCI holder screws etc as I have another build coming up later this year and I would like the quality to be the same as my older Lian Li cases, not this one.

Regards MarkL
    Hi MarkL,

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, The PCI-01B does indeed fit in the D600 case. Just for future record, the PCI-01B fits in all our cases except our small form factor ones. The installation of the PCI-01B is simple enough, and the instructions are in the packing. You shouldn't have a problem, but let me know if you do.

Also, we have recently increased the threads of the screw holes as you can see in the image below.

Last edited by Lian Li Tech; 04-01-2014, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Re: Retrofiting a "PCI-01B" PCI Card Holder to a D600

Thank you for the confirmation that it will fit. I will order one for my case.

Regards MarkL

Comment

Working...
      X