Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC-7HX top fan and fan controller

Hi,

I am planning on buying the Lian Li PC-7HX. It says that I can install 120mm fans as top fans. However, I don't want the fans outside my case.
    Can I install a 120mm fan inside? Also, will there be enough room for my Cooler Master Evo with the top fan?

Secondly, I'm going to add a fan controller to the rear of the case cuz I like how the front looks and don't want my control knob there. So, I
    chose the PT-FN04. It allows for 3 fans to be connected. Can I connect the two fronts fans and rear fan to this fan controller? Will the front
    fan cables reach?

Also, is there a way to install a DVD drive without having to see the ugly LG logo? I mean I like the front clean and want to hide the DVD drive
    behind something. I believe the C-02 will work.

Thanks for your help.

Re: PC-7HX top fan and fan controller

Hi Addicted,

With the CM Evo, installed there would not be enough room at the top of the case for 120mm fans, the 7h-1 accessory would have to be used.

The PT-FN04 does not come with wiring you would have to use the PW-F2 extension wire if you want to connect it to the front two fans.

The C-02 would indeed work for you if you want to hide the LG logo.

Comment

Re: PC-7HX top fan and fan controller

Your comments hurt to read. I had my mind set on this case. Beautiful design and top quality. It really hurts that I can't use a top fan (I already got past
      the fact that I couldn't use a bottom fan) but now I can't buy the case. It doesn't match my needs. I have a couple other fans I wanted to utilize in this
      including a Scythe Typhoon which would be perfect for top or bottom mount. But since there are fan issues I have to choose another case that doesn't
      look as good but gives me other fan cooling options.

Much respect for a company rep to comment. In my book, that adds to the credibility. Lian-Li is known for quality and service shows.

But I'm on a budget and will get a Corsair 300R cuz it fits my budget, but let it be known that I'd rather get the Lian-Li if I could. Choosing 300R cuz I have
      fans sitting around and I gotta make use of them.

Comment

Working...
      X