Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third HDD in Lian-Li V351

Hi,

I just bought a Lian-Li V351 chassis and I was wondering if there's any adapter available that could allow me to install a 3rd 3.5" HDD in one of the 5.25" bays. On Lian Li's site I've seen there are some 5.25" to 3.5" adapters available however I'm not sure if they are compatible with this chassis.

Could you please let me know what are my options here (if any)?

Thanks,
    Petru

Re: Third HDD in Lian-Li V351

Originally posted by Petru Dumu View Post
    Hi,

I just bought a Lian-Li V351 chassis and I was wondering if there's any adapter available that could allow me to install a 3rd 3.5" HDD in one of the 5.25" bays. On Lian Li's site I've seen there are some 5.25" to 3.5" adapters available however I'm not sure if they are compatible with this chassis.

Could you please let me know what are my options here (if any)?

Thanks,
    Petru
    Hi Petru,

Thanks for your question. There is a 5.25: to 3.5" converter that is available with the PC-V351 with a bit of a caveat. The MF-515 will fit in the case. However, with the PC-V351 having 5.25" cages on the right and left side of the case directly opposite of each other, if the MF-515 is used in one of the bays, the bay directly opposite of it will not be able to accommodate drives. This is because the MF-515 is a bit longer than the length of the bay. So if you are not using all the 5.25" bays then it will be no issue.

The MF-515 is currently available at Caseking in the MF-515X version (all black).

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
    X