New Case is Missing Parts - NO ONE will help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Case is Missing Parts - NO ONE will help

Hello. We purchased a new LIAN LI PC-7FN USB 3.0 from Newegg. The case was in one piece (no dents, the box was intact, etc), so we unboxed the case, and discarded the shipping box. When we started the build project using that case, we opened up the case and found ZERO internal hard drive trays. We contacted Newegg and they were utterly useless. They offered a $10 credit - what good is a $10 credit on a $110 case that is useless without the proprietary hard drive trays?

I filled out the "contact us" page on the Lian Li website, and a week later, still no response.

Geeesh, are we just supposed to eat a useless $110 case? We're a public library, we don't have that type of money to throw away.

Somebody, anybody, please tell me how to get the missing internal hard drive trays.

update: we ordered the case (along with $8,000+ of computer parts) on June 18th, 2013 and found the problem July 2nd, 2013 and have got nadda from either Newegg or Lian-Li as of July 15th 2013.

Thanks,

Tom S. - Network Engineer - Montrose Regional Library District.
    Last edited by mlibrary; 07-15-2013, 07:07 PM.

Re: New Case is Missing Parts - NO ONE will help

Hi Tom,

Sorry I don't know consumer laws in the US so can't help with this. In the UK the product doesn't have to be returned in the original box in this instance. You don't mention how long you've had the case before contacting newegg which may be useful information for someone trying to help.

As a work-around, you can get some 5.25" to 3.5" brackets for HDDs and put them there instead - maybe newegg might offer some of these instead of the $10 if you're out of the RMA period. I know from experience that the drive trays can be a pig to get hold of and you're only likely to be able to get them from the original manufacturer or some kind soul who has spare space and doesn't mind parting with some. If you want to be really cheeky, you could order another box from newegg, remove the drive trays and return it to them straight away ;-)

Jon
    ASRock Z87 Extreme6 | Core i5 4670K Cooled by Corsair H50 | 4x4 GB DDR3 1600 GSkill | Gigabyte GTX560 Ti 1GB DDR5 | Intel 240GB 335 SSD, 3 x 2TB & 1 x 3TB HDD, 2 x 24" LG Monitors | Coolermaster Silent Pro 700W | Yamaha Amp/Receiver | Windows 7 SP1 64 bit

Comment

Originally posted by mlibrary View Post
      Hello. We purchased a new LIAN LI PC-7FN USB 3.0 from Newegg. The case was in one piece (no dents, the box was intact, etc), so we unboxed the case, and discarded the shipping box. When we started the build project using that case, we opened up the case and found ZERO internal hard drive trays. We contacted Newegg and they were utterly useless. They offered a $10 credit - what good is a $10 credit on a $110 case that is useless without the proprietary hard drive trays?

I filled out the "contact us" page on the Lian Li website, and a week later, still no response.

Geeesh, are we just supposed to eat a useless $110 case? We're a public library, we don't have that type of money to throw away.

Somebody, anybody, please tell me how to get the missing internal hard drive trays.

update: we ordered the case (along with $8,000+ of computer parts) on June 18th, 2013 and found the problem July 2nd, 2013 and have got nadda from either Newegg or Lian-Li as of July 15th 2013.

Thanks,

The Lian Li guy that posts in this forum will most likely contact you soon, via this thread or PM.

I imagine you know that new PC cases can have parts in boxes, that are put in strange places, like the 5.25" drive bays. The Newegg pics show the drive trays mounted in the drive cage, may be shipped that way. Quite a mistake forgetting to put them in.

Comment

Originally posted by mlibrary View Post

Thanks,

Hi Tom,

We just replied to your message through our "contact us" form. I apologize for the delay, but thanks for trying to reach out to us through a different medium. Also, please let me know if you need any other help.

Comment

Just to update this thread.

Received an email from "Baron" via Lian-Li's Contact Us support form.

He stated that they're sending the internal hard drive trays via post from Taiwan.

I'll update this thread once again when the parts arrive.

Thanks to this forum for giving us purchasers another avenue to "prod" Lian-Li into communicating.

Update (July 22 2013): Came into work today - and on my desk was a well traveled box - and in the box was the missing 4x internal hard drive trays - Hoorah ! ! ! ! ! (Thanks Lian-Li for not leaving us hanging).
          Last edited by mlibrary; 07-22-2013, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X