Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Briefcase Chassis - PC-TU100

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Briefcase Chassis - PC-TU100

    We have just released the newest addition to our Mini-ITX briefcase chassis series - PC-TU100. Smaller than the original briefcase chassis - PC-TU200 - this case is perfect for a LAN party rig as it can be easily carried around and can hold the latest powerful low-profile graphics cards.

    http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pc-tu100/

    Tell us what you think?

    Click image for larger version

Name:	tu100-01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	756179
    Last edited by Lian Li Tech; 06-24-2013, 11:30 AM.

  • #2
    Re: New Briefcase Chassis - PC-TU100

    I want to know about the optical drive. If I install a black Blu-ray drive, will it show as black in the case? Is there a silver bezel or do I need to buy a silver bezel to attach to my optical drive? It looks like if I buy this case and install a black optical drive that it will show as such. Or, does that silver piece on the case flip down? I hope so because I want the case to look right if I buy it.

    I notice that there are many silver aluminum Lian Li bezels available on the market, but I haven't found a "Slim" design. Will I need to buy a bezel to attach to my slim optical drive if I buy this Model? Does this model come with a silver bezel for my optical drive?

    Please let me know how I can purchase the silver aluminum PC-TU100 and be able to install a slim optical drive, all with the same silver aluminum design. I don't want to see the color black on my case at all.

    Thanks.
    Last edited by vj3ashley; 06-05-2013, 01:51 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: New Briefcase Chassis - PC-TU100

      Hi vj3ashley,

      The PC-TU100 does not have a stealth optical drive cover, so if you put a black Blu-ray drive into the bay the appearance on the outside would be black. We also do not currently provide a silver bezel for slim optical days. You can always go with the black version on the PC-TU100. :)

      Click image for larger version

Name:	tu100-02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	753696

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: New Briefcase Chassis - PC-TU100

        Is it possible to remove the handle, replace the 120mm with a 140mm and add ventilation for the video card at the bottom of the case?

        I won't be using a ODD or the HDD rack.

        If the front panel usb jacks are moved can a longer video card be fit? It looks like the cords for it block a longer card. If so how long of a card would then fit?

        Otherwise looks good.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: New Briefcase Chassis - PC-TU100

          Originally posted by FSMITH010 View Post
          Is it possible to remove the handle, replace the 120mm with a 140mm and add ventilation for the video card at the bottom of the case?

          I won't be using a ODD or the HDD rack.

          If the front panel usb jacks are moved can a longer video card be fit? It looks like the cords for it block a longer card. If so how long of a card would then fit?

          Otherwise looks good.
          Hi FSMITH010,

          The removal handle and the upgrade to a 140mm fan can not be done with some sort of modifications.

          Without the cords a 230mm card can fit. In fact if you use a single slotted card on the top slot a 230mm card can fit as it is not interrupted by the cords.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: New Briefcase Chassis - PC-TU100

            Will the following parts fit into this case?


            CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
            CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS8900 Extreme CPU Cooler
            Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-I DELUXE/WD Mini ITX LGA1155 Motherboard
            Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
            Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 650 2GB Video Card
            Case Fan: Noctua NF-F12 PWM 55.0 CFM 120mm Fan
            Power Supply: Silverstone Strider Gold 450W 80 PLUS Gold Certified SFX12V Power Supply

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: New Briefcase Chassis - PC-TU100

              Originally posted by vj3ashley View Post
              Will the following parts fit into this case?


              CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
              CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS8900 Extreme CPU Cooler
              Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-I DELUXE/WD Mini ITX LGA1155 Motherboard
              Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
              Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 650 2GB Video Card
              Case Fan: Noctua NF-F12 PWM 55.0 CFM 120mm Fan
              Power Supply: Silverstone Strider Gold 450W 80 PLUS Gold Certified SFX12V Power Supply
              Everything is fine, except for the CPU cooler. The CPU cooler cannot exceed 60mm in height.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: New Briefcase Chassis - PC-TU100

                Originally posted by Lian Li Tech View Post
                Everything is fine, except for the CPU cooler. The CPU cooler cannot exceed 60mm in height.
                The CPU Cooler's dimensions are as follows: 120(L) x 120(W) x 60(H)mm

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: New Briefcase Chassis - PC-TU100

                  Originally posted by vj3ashley View Post
                  The CPU Cooler's dimensions are as follows: 120(L) x 120(W) x 60(H)mm
                  Then you are good to go. :)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: New Briefcase Chassis - PC-TU100

                    if i buy this chasis on amazon.it will i have the extra ventilation the holes on the side where the gpu is at? or where can i buy it on italy thanks

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: New Briefcase Chassis - PC-TU100

                      Originally posted by wafpak View Post
                      if i buy this chasis on amazon.it will i have the extra ventilation the holes on the side where the gpu is at? or where can i buy it on italy thanks
                      Should be no difference regardless where you buy it. Check here:
                      Lian-Li Global | Where to buy ? Italy

                      CaseKing might also ship to Italy.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: New Briefcase Chassis - PC-TU100

                        Originally posted by Lian Li Tech View Post
                        Should be no difference regardless where you buy it. Check here:
                        Lian-Li Global | Where to buy ? Italy

                        CaseKing might also ship to Italy.
                        so it has no difference its not going to be like this
                        sorry its just because i read on some forum that it arrives like that on the picture
                        i love to have one of this case but they say its very hot i dont know for sure ill be using i5 6500 so it wont get to hot an can you reccomend me a gpu that can play ultra on bf4 that doesnt get too hot im planning on the r9 fury x because it is water cooled but i am not sure if it can fit in this case

                        so will it be like the image that i put here or no?
                        Last edited by wafpak; 01-10-2016, 03:45 PM. Reason: not responding to my question

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X