Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lian Li reaction time to launch compatible PC desktop cases when Intel releases Haswell sometime in 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lian Li reaction time to launch compatible PC desktop cases when Intel releases Haswell sometime in 2013

I have extensively researched all cases and Lian Li very particularly. If I were to put together a case for an Intel Ivy Bridge system I would have chosen one of these 2 of your cases: Lian Li PC-9F or Lian Li PC-8FIB. I chose them for a variety of reasons but the deciding factors were: having 6 or more internal HDD trays, front native USB 3.0 and e-sata ports. (even though I still do not know whether 1. the eSata is capable of just 3 Gbps only or also of Sata 6Gbps speeds. Which is the case?)

My next computer will be based on the upcoming Haswell (or Broadwell) processor.
    So my next question to Lian Li now is: 2. What will be the time frame after the processors are being shipped to be sold for Lian Li to have in the marketplace its new case compatible with that technology?
    It is being said that the socket will be a new model. 3. Does that mean that the two mentioned models above will no longer be compatible with the new processor and socket. Or that is totally unrelated and all compatibility will rely solely with the motherboard?

Your 2 cases are tough to find right now in Canada so I am wondering 4. whether to get one now (when I find stock) and hold on to it till the Intel new processors become available sometime in 2013 or 5. is Lian Li planning to launch other models with front native USB 3.0 and eSata ports in the new year?

I would appreciate your clarifying response to my questions 1 to 5 above

Thank you kindly

Last edited by MSwhip; 12-29-2012, 10:23 PM.

Re: What would Lian Li's reaction time be in order to launch compatible PC desktop cases when Intel releases Haswell processor sometime in 2013?

Originally posted by MSwhip View Post
    I have extensively researched all cases and Lian Li very particularly. If I were to put together a case for an Intel Ivy Bridge system I would have chosen one of these 2 of your cases: Lian Li PC-9F or Lian Li PC-8FIB. I chose them for a variety of reasons but the deciding factors were: having 6 or more internal HDD trays, front native USB 3.0 and e-sata ports. (even though I still do not know whether 1. the eSata is capable of just 3 Gbps only or also of Sata 6Gbps speeds. Which is the case?)

My next computer will be based on the upcoming Haswell (or Broadwell) processor.
    So my next question to Lian Li now is: 2. What will be the time frame after the processors are being shipped to be sold for Lian Li to have in the marketplace its new case compatible with that technology?
    It is being said that the socket will be a new model. 3. Does that mean that the two mentioned models above will no longer be compatible with the new processor and socket. Or that is totally unrelated and all compatibility will rely solely with the motherboard?

Your 2 cases are tough to find right now in Canada so I am wondering 4. whether to get one now (when I find stock) and hold on to it till the Intel new processors become available sometime in 2013 or 5. is Lian Li planning to launch other models with front native USB 3.0 and eSata ports in the new year?

I would appreciate your clarifying response to my questions 1 to 5 above

Thank you kindly

Hi MSWhip,

I would be happy to answer your questions.

1) For the Lian Li PC-9F and PC-8FIB the eSATA is capable of 3Gbps
    2 and 3) The upcoming Intel processor generation won't have much of an affect on which case you buy. Lian Li cases are built to last and if you take care of your case it will be good through several processor generations and builds. The only issue that you would have to worry about (and that is only if you pick older models) is the front I/O panel in regards to USB 3.0. Some of the older Lian Li cases did not have support for USB 3.0 - newer ones do.

The socket and processor compatibility is an issue of the motherboard. The only things that you should worry about in regards to the case is hardware capabilities (holding all your hard drives and longer video cards), looks, ease of building, cooling, silence, and size.

4) You can buy now or later (yes, I know finding the Lian Li case you want can sometimes be like finding a needle in a haystack). You don't have to worry about the case going obsolete with the arrival of the new Intel processors.

5) Yes, Lian Li will be launching new models with front USB 3.0 ports, however not so much with eSata support since the popularity of this connection seems to be dropping.

I hope this answers your questions. Please feel free to ask again if I am not clear.

Comment

Working...
    X