Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WoL on Z790M Aorus Elite AX - Network interface won't stay powered in sleep for Wake on Lan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WoL on Z790M Aorus Elite AX - Network interface won't stay powered in sleep for Wake on Lan

Hey all,

I've spent many hours trying to get this to work on this board and under no circumstance can I get the Realtek 2.5gbe adapter to stay awake during sleep or S5 on Windows 11. Does anyone have a working example of this with a Z790 or Z790M?

I understand there are no settings in BIOS for WoL these days as it's handled entirely by UEFI, at least for Realtek cards. Intel cards may differ. I have a Rev 1.2 board running FF firmware.

This works on other devices on my network including other W11 PC's. My router is a UDM-SE and the broadcast IP is functioning correctly. Fixed IP is set in both the router and Windows and the router remembers the MAC Address.

I've tried countless combinations of the following:

BIOS:
    • ERP off/on - From what I've read, turning this off is the only thing that needs to happen for this to work. It came disabled out of the box but still no WoL. Strangely though, I've seen this suggested to be enabled on some older boards for WoL to function.
    • Platform power management on/off - I've also seen some who state this is all that needs to be enabled for this to work
    • AC Back on/off/memory
    • Network Stack and PXE on/off
    • Fast Boot on/off/super
    Win 11:
    • High performance and Ultimate performance power plans with the following settings:
    • Fast boot on/off
    • Hybrid Sleep off/on
    • PCIe link state management off/on
    • Changed group policy to allow for Connected Standby
    • Allowed WoL ports through Windows firewall (though this is not the problem)
    Adapter Settings/Driver:
    • Installed drivers directly from Realtek though they were the exact same as the ones installed by Gigabyte Control Centre
    • Advanced Tab - Disabled Green Ethernet and Power saving mode
    • Advanced Tab - Enabled Shut Down Wake on Lan, Wake on Magic Packet, and Wake on Pattern Match
    • Power Management Tab - All combinations of Allow this device to wake the computer and Only allow a magic packet to wake the computer

Any help on this would be hugely appreciated. This is a cloud gaming rig and has basically been built around WoL and Wake on USB via an Xbox Accessories Adapter which works perfectly.
    ?
Working...
X