Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(z790 Aorus Master) Renesas RAA229131 reporting bug (HWInfo64) - ONLY a cold boot 'fixes' it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (z790 Aorus Master) Renesas RAA229131 reporting bug (HWInfo64) - ONLY a cold boot 'fixes' it.

On my Z790 Aorus Master, when I had BIOS F11 installed, I would sometimes notice that the area of the sensor window showing the Renesas RAA229131 info (Renesas voltage controller) that some values, like IOUT and IIN, would show zero and grey out for a short while before coming back on. Since they always came back, I didnt really think much of it and just figured that since HWInfo reading the RAA229131 values was somewhat new for Giga boards, it was a minor bug.

However, upon installing the latest, security updated F12 bios - I have encountered an additional, worse issue of the entire RAA229131 section greying out and HWInfo mostly locking up, at least in terms of reporting values freezing, and even the time/counter getting rather sluggish.

I closed and reopened the software, and it went back to normal, except the RAA229131 section was entirely gone. Reinstalling the software changed nothing (I even tried previous versions and not just reinstalled the most recent), and even restarting windows changed nothing. However, after a total shut down (I even killed power to the psu to make it a total cold boot)) the section is back and behaving normally again (for now).

Clearly this is a problem of the bios properly permitting the reporting such that software can see it, which is fixed by cold booting. (and also, clearly HWInfo has issues with a sensor dropping out - getting all glitchy over a sensor being naughty is not proper behavior IMO).

Gigabyte z790 Aorus Master (F12 bios, after having F11 previously, no other bios used on this mobo)
    Intel Core i9-14900K
    Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MHz DDR5
    NVidia RTX 3070
    Windows 11 latest/all updates as of end of 2023
    ?
Working...
X