GA-EP35-ds3p won't cold boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP35-ds3p won't cold boot

I haven't used this pc since I got hit by ransomeware a few years back. I cleaned all the drives and reinstalled Windows 7. I never had a cold boot problem before although I've read it is a problem with this board but after installing Windows, I can't get it to boot without going into BIOS and making sure the right drive is set to boot (it always is) and hit F10 to save and exit and it boots up. If I restart the PC it's starts right up but if I shut it off, it will not boot without going into BIOS and hitting F10. I installed a new CMOS battery since it's been sitting a while but it had no effect. I have the latest BIOS F6. I had it overclocked before so I reset the BIOS to default but it did not help.
    Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced Case - Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3P Motherboard
    Intel Q6600 Processor
    - Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU Cooler - 4GB G-SKILL DDR2 1066 Memory
    EVGA GTS450 Video Card
    - Turtle Beach Catalina Sound Card - 160GB WD Boot Drive - 5 x 1TB Storage Drives
    Pioneer 116D DVD Writer - Pioneer 118L DVD Writer - Windows XP Pro SP3

I've searched 633 pages and found one person with the same board and same problem who didn't find a fix but did find a work around. Once Windows 7 is started then instead of shutting down, put Windows in sleep mode. Not what I was hoping for but it is an option.

I'm thinking the problem is with my graphics card. When I stopped using the PC, my monitor went out on me. It's a EVGA Nvidia 450 GTS that was hooked up through DVI-I to DVI-I on the old Samsung monitor. I have it hooked up now to a Samsung LF24T35 monitor with a DVI-I to HDMI cable. I tried hooking it up to a working Toshiba 24" TV with a DVI-I adaptor to VGA cable and also the DVI-I to HDMI cable but got no picture at all.

With it hooked to the new Samsung monitor, it will not get past the Starting Windows screen without showing corruption on the top of a black screen. If I push the restart button it will load the screen asking me how I want to start Windows and I select normal and it usually starts Windows with no problem. If I select restart it loads Windows with no problem. If I hit Delete at cold boot to enter Bios and then press F10 to save and exit it loads Windows with no problem. It's just when I try to start Windows after the computer has been shut off do I get the failure to start Windows 7 with the black screen with corruption at the top of the screen. I can see the screen just fine until it says Starting Windows then nothing but the black screen with corruption at the top and it only happens during cold boot.
    Last edited by DarrellS; 06-14-2023, 12:19 PM.
    Intel Q6600 Processor
    EVGA GTS450 Video Card
    - Turtle Beach Catalina Sound Card - 160GB WD Boot Drive - 5 x 1TB Storage Drives

Comment

Hi there,

Are you looking for an expert WordPress Website designer? Please knock me the below link:

https://www.fiverr.com/s/3Ejjx9
      ?

Comment

I solved the cold boot issue. I bought a new graphics card. I had trouble finding the right driver for the new card but a member of the nvidia forum guided me to the older driver download which fixed my problem. I was having the black screen problem and was unable to even start bios until installing the correct driver.

Not sure if the problem with the old card was the driver or the card. Before getting the new card to work, I re-installed the old card with the newest windows 7 driver for that card and while watching videos I kept getting a black screen and then a message saying that the driver had recovered from a crash so I believe the problem all along was the driver.

Luckily the forum member led me to the correct driver for the new card (which wasn't listed on the Nvidia driver site since they no longer support Windows7) and fixed my problem.
        Intel Q6600 Processor
        EVGA GTS450 Video Card

Comment

I appreciate you sharing this. I just purchased the item as well, and I'm experiencing the same problem. Checking and searching for a solution mini crossword

Comment

Uncertain whether the problem with the prior card was caused by the driver or the card itself. Before getting the new card to work, I re-installed the old card with the newest windows 7 driver for that card and while watching videos I kept getting a black screen and then a message saying that the driver had recovered from a malfunction so I believe the problem all along was the driver.
            ?

Comment

I'm thinking the problem is with my graphics card. When I stopped using the PC, my monitor went out on me. It's a EVGA Nvidia 450 GTS that was hooked up through DVI-I to DVI-I on the old Samsung monitor. I have it hooked up now to a Samsung LF24T35 monitor with a DVI-I to HDMI cable. I tried hooking it up to a working Toshiba 24" TV with a DVI-I adaptor to VGA cable and also the DVI-I to HDMI cable but got no picture at all.
              ?

Comment

My graphics card may be the cause of the issue. My monitor failed on me after I stopped using the computer. The old Samsung monitor's EVGA Nvidia 450 GTS was connected through DVI-I to DVI-I. I've connected it right now using a DVI-I to HDMI cable to a Samsung LF24T35 display. I attempted to connect it to a functional Toshiba 24" TV using both a DVI-I to HDMI cable as well as a DVI-I to VGA adaptor, but neither of them worked.
                ?

Comment

I stopped using the PC, my monitor went out on me. It's a EVGA Nvidia 450 GTS that was hooked up through DVI-I to DVI-I on the old Samsung monitor. I have it hooked up now to a Samsung LF24T35 monitor with a DVI-I to HDMI cable. I tried hooking it up to a working Toshiba 24" TV with a DVI-I adaptor to VGA cable and also the DVI-I to HDMI cable but got no picture at all.
                  ?

pikashow download
                  ??

Comment

Working...
                  X