• Show
Clear All

• Water Damage / Terrible Performance

Gigabyte G5 KD gaming laptop
    11th gen i5
    RTX 3060
    16Gb ram

Problem
    Water damage. I immediately brought it in to the pro's, and they cleaned the motherboard. They said there was some shorting that happened.

The computer now boots and runs perfectly. The only time there is a problem is when gaming. Terrible performance. I'm hoping someone here can help me narrow it down before I toss this system.

When I start any game, it runs at 144Hz (same as my monitor refresh rate). But within a minute or two, the performance drops to about 30FPS. This has been tested on multiple games, and it's unplayable.

I have taken off the heatsinks and cleaned them, and reapplied thermal paste (MX-4). Both fans are spinning on high, and blowing out a LOT of hot air, as they should be.

My bios is up to date. I completely reinstalled windows and all the drivers off the product website. Also installed geforce drivers (latest).

I have attached the details of a timespy benchmark. Can anyone see anything in there worrisome? Are my GPU/CPU frequencies ok? The score is 3000 pts below the average for my specs.

Is there some other way of testing to find exactly what is broken?

Thank you for ANY input you may have. I'd hate to have to trash this system.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	blR2po.webp
Views:	50
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	981990?
Working...
X