Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-Z77X-UD5H : Black screen : Errors 15 03, Blacklisted RAM

Hello everybody,

I am really desperate, I would be grateful to anyone who is able to fix this incredible bug that has left me without a solution for 3 days ?

MB : Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
    CPU : Intel i7-3770
    RAM : 4 x 8go DDR3 1600

This setup was working without a problem for 10 years but suddenly, Windows froze and my PC was unable to POST (ie reach the BIOS screen). The error codes on the MB are 15 and 03.

But what's incredible is that if I remove the memory sticks and that I replace them with 1 or several sticks that were never installed on this motherboard before, the PC starts starts normally and Windows too. But on the next reboot, I get a black screen and the error codes 15 and 03. Only way to make the PC start again is, once more, to remove the memory sticks and install ones that were never used before on this MB.

The Motherboard seems to be BLACKLISTING the memory sticks. Clearing CMOS changes nothing. I have cleared it through several ways : 1/ Removing the battery for 1 hour, 2/ Holding Power and Reset for 10 seconds, 3/ Using the jumper. I have even switched to the 2nd BIOS through the motherboard switch, but the problem remains. The blacklisting of the memory sticks seems to happen on a independant chip that survives a CMOS clearance and that is not accessible to a normal user. Of course the blacklisted sticks work perfectly on another PC.

I have never seen this kind of bug in 23 years of assembling PCs, I would be immensely grateful to the genius that would be able to solve tthisincredible bug.

If my story looks unbelievable to you, I found 1 guy on the internet that had this bug, and, out of solutions, ended up replacing his MB unfortunately (hope I won't have to do that) : https://forums.tomshardware.com/thre.../post-22543479 ??

Thanks for any help you can provide.?
Working...
X