Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIGABYTE X670 master problems

Hey guys,
    I wanted to share this on the off chance that somebody out there has the same issues...
    I bought the X670e AORUS MASTER motherboard, together with a 7900x, 64GB RAM and and Nvidia Gigabyte 4080.
    Since the beginning (a few days ago) my computer locked up during boot, didn't boot at all (always saw the BIOS or Gigabyte logo screen) or kept loading Windows (spinning circle) indefinitely.
    I changed the RAM from a kit that was NOT on the QVL list to a Kingston 5600 kit (KF556C40BBK2-64) but these issues persisted. I upgraded to the latest BIOS yesterday to the new F8 from f8h have had this sins the relese of the board, the issues persisted on all. As a last resort before throwing everything out of the window I removed one of the 3 NVME drives (2 were attached to the CPU slots, one was attached to the CHIPSET slot). I removed the one that was attached to the chipset slot because I read somewhere on Reddit that some users experienced issues with drives connected to those slots.
    Suddenly EVERYTHING worked! I could remove all the custom settings, load defaults, enable XMP and the PC started up EVERY TIME. It remained stable, no weird hiccups or stutters...
    Previously it only hang once every 10-15 times. Now? GONE!

is this the way of the new bios:es fix this this is a board of 500$ this is not ok?

Yes I do have the same problems. to me it only happens for the first 3 -5 boots, then everything is working absolutely fine for whatever reason. Anyway, you're defintely not alone with those problems. I can confirm and I have all 4 M.2 slots in use. I haven't tried, but I think when not using all M.2 slots at least the freezing / unresponsiveness problem goes away.
    I can definitely tell that the first boot of the day is 100% faulty though. Like no matter what I do, when I power on my PC after it was shut off multiple hours, it will either freeze sooner or later or I'll loose the LAN port in device manager.

Comment

This is interesting.

Are those NVMe drives gen 3 or 4?
      I know that in the past there have been similar issues with gen 4 video cards, and the fix was to turn the PCIe slot, in the BIOS menu, to gen 3.
      So, I wonder if those issues would be gone if you'd use gen 3 NVMe SSDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Endre View Post
        This is interesting.

Are those NVMe drives gen 3 or 4?
        I know that in the past there have been similar issues with gen 4 video cards, and the fix was to turn the PCIe slot, in the BIOS menu, to gen 3.
        So, I wonder if those issues would be gone if you'd use gen 3 NVMe SSDs.
        1: 4TB SN850X

2: 1TB SN850

3 1TB SN850

4 Corsair MP510 960GB

only the corsair one is PCIe 3.0
        ?

Comment

basket random said:
          Hey guys,
          I wanted to share this on the off chance that somebody out there has the same issues...
          I bought the X670e AORUS MASTER motherboard, together with a 7900x, 64GB RAM and and Nvidia Gigabyte 4080.
          Since the beginning (a few days ago) my computer locked up during boot, didn't boot at all (always saw the BIOS or Gigabyte logo screen) or kept loading Windows (spinning circle) indefinitely.
          I changed the RAM from a kit that was NOT on the QVL list to a Kingston 5600 kit (KF556C40BBK2-64) but these issues persisted. I upgraded to the latest BIOS yesterday to the new F8 from f8h have had this sins the relese of the board, the issues persisted on all. As a last resort before throwing everything out of the window I removed one of the 3 NVME drives (2 were attached to the CPU slots, one was attached to the CHIPSET slot). I removed the one that was attached to the chipset slot because I read somewhere on Reddit that some users experienced issues with drives connected to those slots.
          Suddenly EVERYTHING worked! I could remove all the custom settings, load defaults, enable XMP and the PC started up EVERY TIME. It remained stable, no weird hiccups or stutters...
          Previously it only hang once every 10-15 times. Now? GONE!

is this the way of the new bios:es fix this this is a board of 500$ this is not ok?
          I am also having the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Mationsills1940 View Post

I am also having the same problem.
            Same here. Been waiting for a fix for a long time now.

Comment

sell my house fast fort worth tx?

Comment

credit repair colorado springs?

Comment

pool builder bradenton

Comment

electricians parrish

Comment

electricians parrish

Comment

That sounds amazing