Do I need to update BIOS on X299 mobo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need to update BIOS on X299 mobo

I just put together my second build using the Gigabyte X299 Designare EX motherboard. Just for reference, by first build was in 2008 using the Gigabyte Ga-x48T-DQ6 mobo and up to 2 weeks ago was my working rig. But it was time to build a new one so I went again with a Gigabyte motherboard.

I don't have any problems or issues with the Designare EX, but I do have a question regarding the BIOS. The motherboard came with the F6 BIOS and I see that there is an update, F7e, on the Gigabyte support page. My question is this: do I need to update the BIOS? I am running an intel i9-9900X cpu at stock speed of 3.5GHz and 32Gb of Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz memory on XMP profile 1. Is there something in the F7e BIOS that I need, but don't realize that do I need it?

Thank you for your help and thank you for the many years that the Ga-x48T-DQ6 motherboard has given me. ???? I look forward for your reply.

One more thing just for grins. That x48T motherboard was only rated for 4Gb of memory. When I put her in back in the box, I was running 16Gb of memory. Gigabyte built that board better than they realized.
Working...
X