Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B560M AORUS PRO AX versus B560M AORUS PRO

Good day,

I would like to buy a B560 (or B560M) motherboard and pair it with an i9-11900 for my next rig. The rig will mainly be used for working (MATLAB programming) and less for gaming, that is the reason I want to go for the i9-11900 (but I can consider downgrading it to i7-11700 if the price difference between the two CPUs is big but the performance difference between them is not worth it for that price difference). Since the rig is less for gaming and the current GPU price is expensive, I plan to just install my unused GT1030 onto that rig.

I am still a beginner at PC building. Initially, I plan to buy the B560 (or B560M) from ASRock Steel Legend or ASRock Pro4 series because they are quite cheap, but then I discovered three videos from Hardware Unboxed saying that two B560 (or B560M) motherboards from ASRock (the Pro4 and the HDV series, not the Steel Legend series) don't provide enough power for the i5, i7, and i9 to clock up until the CPUs' potential maximum clock limit constantly. The links for the three videos are below:

After watching the videos, I've decided to go for the top two B560 (or B560M) recommended by Hardware Unboxed, which are AORUS PRO or MSI Tomahawk (but my first choice is the AORUS PRO). However, I notice that the B560M AORUS PRO is not widely available in some countries (including my country, Malaysia). The markets in these countries usually have more B560M AORUS PRO AX instead.

The reason I made this post is because I would like to ask anyone here whether the B560M AORUS PRO AX is the same as the B560M AORUS PRO but with Wi-Fi or not. If they are just the same but the difference is only the Wi-Fi, I will go for the AX version which is widely available in my country. I'm afraid that there might be other performance degradation of the AX version over the non-AX version (including not able to supply enough power to ensure the i9-11900 can clock up until its maximum clock limit constantly).

That is all that I would like to ask. I am busy until the 29th of June 2020 and might reply to this thread seldomly during this period. Thank you very much and have a nice day.
Working...
X