New build Z590 Ultra Event ID 56

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New build Z590 Ultra Event ID 56

I just completed a new build with a Z590 Ultra running bios F4d and an i7-11700K. I'm having an issue where the following appears in event viewer after every reboot:

event 56 application popup
    The description for Event ID 56 from source Application Popup cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

ACPI

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

I can't figure for the life me what is causing this error to be thrown. Any ideas?

I have the same thing, and I saw it on my Z390 board too - but it's not a critical event, so I just ignore it

Comment

what you can do is to check the integrity of the system files with
      Code:
      sfc /scannow
      and
      Code:
      DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
      SFC will self repair if it finds problem, if DISM finds problems you need to run
      Code:
      DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Comment

I tried all those options and it didn't clear the error but as you mentioned, it's not critical nor impacting anything. I see a lot of people with the same event on Gigabyte boards, very odd.

Comment

It's not limited to GigaByte, have a Alienware mouse that MS tries to install software from MS Store, bunch of events there

Comment

Working...
          X