Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryzen 5 PRO 4650G and Gigabyte B550M PRO-P incompatibility

Hello All,

I don't think I discovered it ;), but I described it and other users seems not to know about this issue.

For several days I was fighting with Ryzen 5 PRO 4650G and Gigabyte B550M PRO-P. I couldn't get it to work, I even
    returned the CPU as damaged/broken and ordered a new one. The CPU is listed on the motherboard's CPU support list.

In short: new BIOSes for this motherboard, F11, F12 and F13 do not work with this CPU (at least for me). There were serveral
    updates regarding known problems with USB stability, and new AGESA code was added.

As a last resort I decided to downgrade to F1, first BIOS for this motherboard that Gigabyte claimed support this CPU.
    And if fact it does work. Only this BIOS and subsequent F2 (memory compatibility updates only) work for me.

I was told to post here so maybe someone from Gigabyte will see this and try to fix the issue :) Pretty please, I lost
    considerable amount of time and mental health to resolve this. I think at least some more tests from users and
    Gigabyte are required to confirm this.

Full story here: https://www.reddit.com/r/gigabyte/co...te_b550m_prop/

Kind Regards
    --
    Kamil

After 20 days of waiting Gigabyte just sent me casual "go bother someone else". It is hard to express my anger right now. This is their reply.

Dear kamil,

If the motherboard works well with other CPU, then the motherboard should be work well without problem.
    We do not know if the replaced AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650G CPU works well or not. If problem still remains,
    we suggest you can contact your supplier for further examination.
    And another user posted his/hers problem with 4650G and new BIOSes:

I had similar problems with Ryzen 5 PRO 4650G on Gigabyte A520M S2H.
    I believe problems started after upgrading to F10. Beacause of stability issues (random restarts) I was upgrading to every new BIOS version ASAP.
    After F13h it suddenly went much worse - from 2-3 times a day to every 5 minutes.
    In desperation I found this post. Now after rolling back to F3 it seems stable again!
    My guess would be - they did some generic changes to many bioses at some point betweeen F3 and F10. Whatever it was broke 4650G.
    Pretty please, could someone do something about this?! Hello, Gigabyte, do your job!

Comment

Working...
    X