Ga Ex58 UD3R and Xeon 5675 Bios Flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ga Ex58 UD3R and Xeon 5675 Bios Flash

Hi there, i am still using a Ga-Ex58 Ud3R Rev1.6 with an i7-920 as my main Pc :-) and recently updated bios from FB to FF. I am planning to replace it with a used Xeon X5675 but i don’t know if it’s compatible.
    I bought it because I thought it would be but now i am not so sure.
    i read a lot of different kind of informations and frankly i am confused. Some said no it won’t work, others with FK bios, a youtube video i watched was with FI , in the official site it’s saying that with FF it supports 6 core cpu’s...really can’t tell.
    Do you think it’s compatible with a specific bios version or i shoud not try at all.
    Thanks in advance

Hi. the same. I bought X5675 too and it is not working with bios version FI. I tried to update bios by Q-Flash to FK version but it wont to update)) Tomorrow I will try to update to FK from windows 7 32 bit. Do you solved this problem already and how?

Comment

Originally posted by Yuri Mikiryan View Post
      Hi. the same. I bought X5675 too and it is not working with bios version FI. I tried to update bios by Q-Flash to FK version but it wont to update)) Tomorrow I will try to update to FK from windows 7 32 bit. Do you solved this problem already and how?
      No I didn’t and the reason is that i am too amateur to put it on my own so my pc has to move to a friend’s house to get it done.
      My second and bigger problem is that i am on Hackintosh, no windows at all ,so I can’t use @bios or another exe app... i have an old disk so i am thinking of making a windows 7 or windows 10 partition there and give it a try.
      I understand that the results mat vary to different builds, i recall reading a successful installation of X5676 with FI but also 2-3 posts that the FI version has some issues and it’s generally unstable( sorry can’t remember what was excatly the issue )
      Did you try with FH ? You don’t need @bios,with Qflash you can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by iceage2609 View Post

No I didn’t and the reason is that i am too amateur to put it on my own so my pc has to move to a friend’s house to get it done.
        My second and bigger problem is that i am on Hackintosh, no windows at all ,so I can’t use @bios or another exe app... i have an old disk so i am thinking of making a windows 7 or windows 10 partition there and give it a try.
        I understand that the results mat vary to different builds, i recall reading a successful installation of X5676 with FI but also 2-3 posts that the FI version has some issues and it’s generally unstable( sorry can’t remember what was excatly the issue )
        Did you try with FH ? You don’t need @bios,with Qflash you can do it.

Solved.
        I had FI bios. x5675 not working on this version.
        I have Windows 10 pro 64 bit.
        I downloaded @BIOS from Gigabyte offisial site https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard...upport-dl-bios
        and both next bios versions ( FJ18 and FK ) , using @BIOS I installed first of all FJ18 and, after restarting, the lastest version FK. The computer started properly. After that I changed my I7-920 to Xeon X5675. Now my computer has good performance ))
        You can install any windows, like 7, 8 or 10. This software will work. After updating BIOS you can back to your OS.
        Good luck ))

Comment

Originally posted by Yuri Mikiryan View Post
          Solved.
          I had FI bios. x5675 not working on this version.
          I have Windows 10 pro 64 bit.
          I downloaded @BIOS from Gigabyte offisial site https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard...upport-dl-bios
          and both next bios versions ( FJ18 and FK ) , using @BIOS I installed first of all FJ18 and, after restarting, the lastest version FK. The computer started properly. After that I changed my I7-920 to Xeon X5675. Now my computer has good performance ))
          You can install any windows, like 7, 8 or 10. This software will work. After updating BIOS you can back to your OS.
          Good luck ))
          That's great news, good to hear. Indeed yesterday i did a Windows 7 installation to a spare SSD disk and use @bios to flash to FK version.At the first restart press DEL and got into BIOS, load optimized defaults and reboot again.
          My pc (with the i7-920 processor ) started properly as well and boot to windows without any issue.
          So restart again and BIOS once again. Then I've noticed 2 things, the whole bios interface in my case ,i don't know if you faced that as well, was a bit slower than usual, a bit laggy i should say, i had to press escape sometimes 2-3 times to return to main menu or press enter to a menu and wait a few seconds etc.
          The second one had to do with overclocking.Now i am on FH version with OC to 3.6Ghz,so i used the exact same parameters on FK version.The result was the same with my first bios,the FB version.Error message that i had no proper shutdown due to voltage changes and return to default settings.So no OC.

Tomorrow i will try replacing the i7 with the Xeon X5675 with FH bios to see if it will work, if not...i am gonna put back i7 flash to FK without changing anything to bios and replace the processor and judginf from your post that will work.
          Just for the feedback i will let you know. It would be great if FH work with Xeon to avoid the whole switching again but no high hopes.I think i finally i had to move to FK.

Comment

Working...
          X